DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
New to RC stuff Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
New to RC stuff Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
New to RC stuff Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
New to RC stuff Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
New to RC stuff Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
New to RC stuff Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
New to RC stuff Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
New to RC stuff Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
New to RC stuff Vote_lcapNew to RC stuff Voting_barNew to RC stuff Vote_rcap 
Jay
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New to RC stuff

Go down 
+2
paul
camran
6 posters
AuthorMessage
camran
Mechanic

New to RC stuff Empty
PostSubject: New to RC stuff   New to RC stuff EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:28 pm

Good Day every body

I am a newbiee to rc cars. I have recently bought a HPI savage XL, and have a fair control now. I was searching for any rc race track but have been unlucky to find one. I heard there was one in creek park, checked with them but was disappointed to know that it doesn't exist any more. Kindly help/guide me if there is any rc track where I can have some fun with my monster savage. I play in different areas of Sharjah but I am affraid about the Neighborhood as it cause a lot of noise, but is real fun. Also please suggest me any quite nitro car that I may keep for small running in my neighborhood.

Thank a lot in advance.
Camran
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

New to RC stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to RC stuff   New to RC stuff EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:04 pm

welcome camran to the site! i am not familiar with nitro but there is one in Nad Al Sheba...
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

New to RC stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to RC stuff   New to RC stuff EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:26 pm

Welcome Camran,

Have a look at this link it will show you where the RC track near Nad al Sheba is MAP

As far as quite nitro cars go....there arent any...sorry!

Electric power has moved leaps and bounds over the last few years, and you will find most electric offroad cars now will perform the same if not better than their nitro brothers. Take my word on this, as I come from a nitro offroad background and I am starting to see the light in the way of electric power. The initial investment may be more but in the long run you will spend more time racing and playing rather than cleaning and maintaining your nitro cars.....

If you like your Savage XL you'll love the EP Savage Flux LINK
Its way more powerful, does backflips and you have full power from the second you hit the accelrator....
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

New to RC stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to RC stuff   New to RC stuff EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Yep, the guys are right, the Nad Al Sheba track is the place to go, locally anyway.

Unfortunately with the super fast, monster wheel sized nitro trucks is that you need lots of space to run them....and that means the desert where nobody can get hurt, and nobody gets upset with the noise....and nobody is there to enjoy it...

EP cars and trucks are also susceptible to interference, and the big quick ones pose similar problems, however the chances of a runaway electric are less frequent, so a little safer.

I am not sure how old you are, but if you are going electric, there are some things to learn regarding charging, storing, using and maintaining electrical kit....but once you know it, and adhere to it, there is a lot more 'instant' fun to be had.

If you absolutely have to go nitro, just remember that running it at the track we use is not going to be possible. We would love to accomodate ALL drivers and tastes, but we have to consider the neighbours and the law. Come down and check it out though, I am confident we will be able to turn you over to the spark side...(ok, that was a really bad play on words, but it had to be done)
Back to top Go down
camran
Mechanic

New to RC stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to RC stuff   New to RC stuff EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Thank you all for your advices.

I checked Savage Flux with a local dealer here, who says it is quite fast but runs onl;y for 6-10 minutes and am not sure how would be the battery life. I love monster trucks but the only problem is the sound though I love the grunt from engine but nit my neighborhood, and it is too risky to run it open as it is quite fast. I live in Sharjah but will try to locate the place in Nad Al Shiba over this weekend. I may check out CEN GST 7.7 over next couple of days @ Speed Hobbies in Sharjah, otherwise I have plan for HPI baja. Please advise on my options. Baja is lil more on the initial cost but I have heard it is cheaper to afford as it consumes normal gasoline.

I am using 20% nitro, I read in internet that if I use 35% nitro that will increase the speed. (I am not sure), but had another idea to put an additional engine on my savage. Please suggest. You guys gather @ BK Oud Mehta, is it somewhere near Lamcy Plaza / Movenpic Hotel. Please guide me Also pls suggest me some good EP race car I mean good brand.
Back to top Go down
Jeka
Mechanic

New to RC stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to RC stuff   New to RC stuff EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 2:21 pm

yup yup!!! we do our drifts and mini-mayhems near lamsy/movenpick.

really good EP car... go for TB EVO5 MS, HPI PRO-D, X-ray t2009 (i think) if those are over your budget, go for HPI Sprint2, Tamiya TA-05 (any version), TB-03D upgrade kit.

see yah this friday! (tomorrow morning)
Back to top Go down
camran
Mechanic

New to RC stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to RC stuff   New to RC stuff EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks Jeka,

It is tomorrow or on Saturday, if tomorrow what time in the morning. Please advise.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

New to RC stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to RC stuff   New to RC stuff EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 3:07 pm

Sideslider is the man to speak to regarding the HPI Baja....and he might appreciate someone else to go and run the beasts with....

...the rest of us are a little more sedate than that...

Depends what you are going to be doing with the EP car, but the options suggested are all good, some available locally, some not.

Regards
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

New to RC stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to RC stuff   New to RC stuff EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:39 am

hi camran! welcome to the forums..

with regards to our weekend meets, it's normally on a saturday afternoon 'round 4pm..
we have a special meet tomorrow, friday, 7:30 am, because a guy from Oman whom we met in AUH is coming to Dubai and suggested a drift meet..

probably most of us will still be there on saturday.. so if you cannot come tomorrow morning, feel free to stop by on saturday..

we'll see you then..
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Jojohn
Driver
Jojohn

New to RC stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to RC stuff   New to RC stuff EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 1:39 am

Welcome Camram,,, before i was playing also a nitro. Buggy. nad al sheba is a good race track. but its far for me...i can suggest also jumerah open beach... try it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to RC stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to RC stuff   New to RC stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

New to RC stuff
Page 1 of 1