DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Vote_lcapTried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Voting_barTried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Vote_rcap 
Jay
Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Vote_lcapTried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Voting_barTried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC

Go down 
+3
chardiboi
caloyski
Rdrift
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rdrift
Mechanic
Rdrift

Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Empty
PostSubject: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:32 pm

Guyz,

I have a jxr v2 very happy and im currently runnin it with castle sidewinder and a 5700kv castle brushless motor, although I’ve detuned it to 60% its still quite powerful which makes drifting even harder wacko not to forget it heats up a lot, after doing enough research on the net ive decided on getting a 10.5t sensored motor but im unsure of the brand. Im not interested in Chinese motors or the xerun series picknose .
I would appreciate if you guyz could suggest me a good and tested sensored system (motor +esc) which would be a wise investment. furthermore i m running on the stock pinon and spur and would like to ensure if its fine for drifting.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
caloyski
caloyski

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:56 pm

Novak brushless (Ballistic) motor is a dependable motor..paired with a Mamba Max Pro esc... i am still using it on my Yokomo mr4tc for more than 2 years now.

on my Yokomo DIB i am using an 11.5T Hobbywing Xerun paired with Speed Passion Reventon Pro, and i have no complain with their performance, i'm actually happy with it.. but you're not interested on the Xerun series as from what you have posted. try some orca motors or maybe enroute motor combo as well. most of the drifters here are using enroute combos.

or you can try keyence... luxon motor and a tachyon esc..
LRP stock spec version 2 esc...
Team Orion motor and vortex esc...
Tekin motors and esc...

there a lot to choose from...
tried and tested???
as for me i've only tried novak, mmp, xerun and speedpassion....no plans on changing them coz im happy with them...
Back to top Go down
http://caloyski76.multiply.com
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Rdrift
Mechanic
Rdrift

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:38 pm

guys what do u think about this one
Speed Passion Reventon Pro Brushless ESC+ Competition V3 10.5R Motor RC Champion from ebay it will cost USD 158 FREE shipping from Hong Kong
Back to top Go down
sandrock_22
Driver
sandrock_22

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:52 pm

that's good choice
Back to top Go down
caloyski
caloyski

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:53 pm

it would be a good choice but you're not interested in anything coming from china.. hongkong is part of china... Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC 353800
Back to top Go down
Rdrift
Mechanic
Rdrift

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 pm

caloyski wrote:
it would be a good choice but you're not interested in anything coming from china.. hongkong is part of china... Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC 353800

by china i meant the cheap ones and the ones we get here in dragn mart. ive used speedpassion motors before and they are still healthy after 2-3 yrs of use and abuse. 2thumbsup .. this will be my first tyme with their ESC wink
Back to top Go down
caloyski
caloyski

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 5:29 pm

good choice! hope to slide with you soon..
Back to top Go down
sejiero
Mechanic
sejiero

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Guys,

sorry i didnt want to rob this post but what do you think about this combo?

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/traxxas/trac3349.html

i have the same for my old beat-up Traxxas crawler im planning to use it with together with my TQ1 4 channel link radio system and put all telemetry sensors on my KIT.

I also have a brand new spare Tamiya 3.5T TRF brushless motor, is there any other Brand of ESC available in any LHS here in Dubai that you could suggest? if not where do you think i can sell it very happy

Right now i'm using the stock ESC and a silver can motor that came with the TT01E kit that i have.

thanks in advance

Back to top Go down
elmer456
Test Driver
elmer456

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 1:21 pm

you should choose this http://www.rcmart.com/reventon-brushless-with-competition-motor-105r-p-36043.html?cPath=1102_1570

cheaper and the best ESC reventon pro you can upgrade it with wifi module or bluetooth module wink
Back to top Go down
sejiero
Mechanic
sejiero

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:30 pm

hi Elmer456,

thanks for the info and advise, the reason why i ask for any comments about what i have so far is to set my goal on using what and not spend $$$ on newer brushless combo.

i would also want to have the RPM sensor and Temp sensors for batt, motor and ESC to be connected to my drift setup and have the readings shown up on my TQI 4 Chanel Radio System with my Iphone plug into it. thats why i was wondering if my current brushless kit would be ok for drifting

anyhow i do appreciate the help buddy.

for any other advice on the brushless kit that i have i would really appreciate it

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
elmer456
Test Driver
elmer456

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 6:47 pm

Your Welcome
Back to top Go down
caloyski
caloyski

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 pm

sajiero, i think your traxxas combo is fine for the drifting set up because it is a 10.5T motor.. your 3.5T motor would be too fast for drifting, and you might get thermal problems if you use it for drifting... might as well stick with the traxxas combo or just the stock silver can...
you can also try posting your "for sale" items here in the forum.. (market place section)..
Back to top Go down
sejiero
Mechanic
sejiero

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:14 am

hi caloyski,

thanks for the info, its really informative! and yeah thats what im thingking about the traxxas kit and i think its also good as i have a TQI 4 ch link system with telemetry and docking station for iphone and ipod to monitor heat, rpm and voltage in real time as i practice.

do you think the telemetry sensors would be usefull or not really necessary...

and wow this site has a market place... thats great

thanks again buddy...

i hope to get more details about this as well
Back to top Go down
caloyski
caloyski

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:46 am

telemetry sensors are really not necessary in drifting.. well, maybe the heat monitor can help you setting up the right gearing for you...
so put those things together and drift with us this friday in oud metha...
Back to top Go down
sejiero
Mechanic
sejiero

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 2:08 am

thats what im thinking of doing but i may not be be able to put all those in the kit this week, i wanna try out the current setup that i have and start from there.

do you think is best to start off on the silver can, and practice on it before i get into some more speed on sideways? (complete noob on drifting thats why)

heres my setup as off now:

tt01e
rear 2 degree toe ins
lock rear diff
silver can with heat sink and fan
DIY fan attachment on stock esc
full race ball bearing
hitec karbonite servo
aluminum prop shaft
s driftech tires

is this enough to stary practicing and do some short lenght decent slide?

sorry for excesive questions as im complete noob on drifting
Back to top Go down
amro74
Mechanic
amro74

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:29 pm

hi guys
Back to top Go down
amro74
Mechanic
amro74

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:56 pm

i found the best combo at last and its enroute 10.5 t sensored motor with castle mamba pro esc (sensored esc)
i was running before the stranded setup for mmp with a 5700 kv and the power was reduced to 30% and i never had any heat problems but i was facing a problem at the low to med power range and i know that was because the sensor less motor

i like the castle pro esc cuz i can access a lot of options through the castle link and it gives you a lot of room to modify than the program cards
for me now i feel that this combo is perfect for drift and it is available at the local market
i got the enroute motor from extreme hobbies and the esc is avilable at all the hobby shops (hobby home-hobby zone)
the castle link usb is being sold as well at hobby sprtz.

for the timing of the motor (sensored ) i keep the timing 0 to avoid any over heat
for the previous mamba 5700 (sensorless) the timing was -5

my final set up now is:-
chassis :- enroute jxr v2
motor :- enroute 10.5 t
ESC:- castle mamba pro sensored
remote :- sanwa mt-4

please guys comment
regards

Back to top Go down
caloyski
caloyski

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 6:16 pm

don't you have a sensor cable?
Back to top Go down
amro74
Mechanic
amro74

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 6:30 pm

caloyski wrote:
don't you have a sensor cable?
sorry missed the sensor cable ! :-)
i got it from extreme hobbies as well.
Back to top Go down
sandrock_22
Driver
sandrock_22

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 2:47 pm

let's see on friday in the dubai autodrome event
Back to top Go down
amro74
Mechanic
amro74

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:33 pm

i will do my best to be there on 19th but to watch you only guys because i am still a beginner
i am still practicing sui
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC   Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC Empty

Back to top Go down

Tried and tested Sensored Motor + ESC
Page 1 of 1