DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Vote_lcapProject : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Voting_barProject : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Vote_rcap 
Jay
Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Vote_lcapProject : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Voting_barProject : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor - RWD Conversion)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ricky_luvs_drift
Mechanic
Ricky_luvs_drift

Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Empty
PostSubject: Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor - RWD Conversion)   Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Hi folks!

well since I didn't introduce myself here yet, I'll do this by using this post ok?

My name is Ricardo and I'm from Brasil (sorry my awful english, ok?)..and I would like to say how it's nice to join a rc drift community which had some great experienced drivers (who make some mods on their rc cars very happy )...well to fresh start I gonna start with my cars.. I have 3 rc cars (TA02 my very first rc car, and it put my in the drift scene as well hehehe), a Yokomo Mr4-Tc DP (probably my preferred drift chassis, since I discovered a lot of drift setups to my car), and my new one drift chassis the Sakura CS sport D3(which is amazing drift chassis since I only cost USD 126 at rcmart.com, and it comes with ball bearings, Counter Steering setup, 3 belt drive, 45° steering angle, front motor, and a really pretty rear diffuser very happy)..now I'm just waiting for up 55° steering angle cvs and aluminum steering system(which is compatible with the new cvd's) and also some other aluminum parts and build myself an ultimate drift chassis...

well, I do have an old Tamiya Ta02 (it's my first rc car) and actually that was deepened in dust, since I do have others 2 cars (Sakura CS sport D3, and a Yoke Type-c (mr4-tc DP))..well, since I bought the Sakura I have a try to driving rear wheels only (because sakura d3 has 3 belts, and all I had 2 do was REMOVE THE FRONT BELT.. THEN... toetap5 I have an RWD sakura D3 chassis)..

well... just cleaning up my room I've found my old TA02(it's a real simple chassis, doesn't have camber, caster, toe-in and toe-out) and I thought to retrofit it....Since the new age of rc drift scene it's becoming RWD, I found the perfect DIY to my old legend touring chassis and make me want to use it again, but now converting it into a RWD Drift Chassis..So I've decided to make an RWD conversion on my Ta02...

well first thing that I would do was find a way 2 assemble the whole chassis, since I wanna to use rear as front and the front as rear...but guess what??? the result was amazing ! ! ! But I didn't test the car yet.. BECAUSE THE NEW SERVO FRONT MOUNT it's not ready yet...

only I had 2 do was remove the rear manta ray (rear diff, rear wheels shafts and the DOGBONES as well) and put some suspension settings (the ta02 had no setting at all):
MODS:

- REAR:
* camber ... (I use ball caps, ball studs and turnbuckles)
* caster ... (Just switching the rear (FRONT) low arms position (new ones, since the front will be the rear and the rear will be the front) I probably get a 1 degree)
* GPM racing FRONT DAMPER STAY (reverse position..I will get a 1 degree plus...I should use an Aluminum piece..I only looked 2 this mod, since the rear was too light compared to the front)

- FRONT:
* camber ... (same stuff above)
* caster ...(same stuff above plus I just put 2 small pieces of rc antenna tube toetap5, in front low arms (new ones) , locking the C-hubs in the right place, avoiding those 2 move..front to back)
* FRP Tamiya OP194 REAR DAMPER STAY (carbon piece to avoid the RC front too heavy, and also give me an other optional shocks positions)

- CHASSIS:
* Aluminum Chassis Homemade with upper chassis (battery vertical position under the upper chassis toetap5, to make the car balance optimized)
* Completely redesigned front bumper and front bumper mount (NOT DECIDED YET HOW OR WHICH ONE)
* rear bumper with LAMBORGHINI RÉVENTON REAR DIFFUSER ( planetadeagostini.com.br) - 208mm
(really wide, huh? but fits perfectly to drift rear bodies)
* Yeah racing aluminum main shaft (avoid vibe the rear diff)= blue color
* ball bearing (to make it sharper)
** front knuckle arms = switch positions (since I have no space to servo steering system works)
** servo front mount conversion (I DIDNOT HAVE DONE THIS MOD YET...I'M ACTUALLY WILL BE WAITING FOR SOME IDEAS.. (well I have no space to let the steering system work rightly so I've decided to make an servo front mount conversion
* stealth mount for the bodies...

to make this a true RWD chassis, I 've decided to uses this as a beauty itens, to follow this retrofit project chassis:

* BLUE front and rear diff cases
* BLACK front and rear diff cases

well this is pretty much the current project ...but I've observed that the front now it's 204mm and the rear stills 194mm(the front suspension just become wider because I've add the front knuckle arms made by Yeah racing)... and what should I do 2 make this right with 190mm bodies? (F: 186mm and R: 188mm)

please leave me a comment and tell me what you think!
Back to top Go down
http://wwww.zerogravitydriftrc.com.br
tamiya
Co-Driver
tamiya

Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor - RWD Conversion)   Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor  - RWD Conversion) EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 7:57 am

pics? smile

haha you might as well have a go at making "long wheelbase" chassis
as that's the latest trend coming out of Japan thanks to StreetJam

i think if you use a TA01 tub with a TA02's rear end that should make it LWB...

Back to top Go down

Project : TA02 (front mid-ship motor - RWD Conversion)
Page 1 of 1