DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Important Announcement: PRO RC Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Important Announcement: PRO RC Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Important Announcement: PRO RC Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Important Announcement: PRO RC Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Important Announcement: PRO RC Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Important Announcement: PRO RC Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Important Announcement: PRO RC Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Important Announcement: PRO RC Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Important Announcement: PRO RC Vote_lcapImportant Announcement: PRO RC Voting_barImportant Announcement: PRO RC Vote_rcap 
Jay
Important Announcement: PRO RC Vote_lcapImportant Announcement: PRO RC Voting_barImportant Announcement: PRO RC Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Important Announcement: PRO RC

Go down 
+6
jebjeb
Samaj
Jay
cathurga
Duane
PRO RC
10 posters
AuthorMessage
PRO RC
Mechanic
PRO RC

Important Announcement: PRO RC Empty
PostSubject: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:30 am

Dear friends,

As everyone is been asking to get more information about PRO RC's Racing Track & shop I thought it will be easier to reach you guys here in this forum.

I would like to make few points clear:

1- Track & Shop opening hours are daily from 15:00 to 22:00 except Sunday.

2- Track fees are:
40AED For the Exclusive Pit Area
20AED For the Outdoor Pit Area
**TRACK FEES ARE ONLY CHARGED ON WEEKENDS (FRIDAY & SATURDAY)**
From Monday till Thursday there's no charges for using the track.

3- There's no "specific classes or motors" to be used on track. As long as your RC car is Electric and an onroad car your free to use the track. 1/18, 1/12, 1/10, Minis, etc... All kinds of onroad cars are welcomed in the track.

4- PRO RC is providing top brands available out there in the market and everything needed for 1/10 touring cars, but that doesn't mean that anyone is forced to buy or use any of PRO RC's products to use the facility. This facilty was made for all RC enthusiasts to have fun and enjoy RC racing in a more professional way.

5- Races will be scheduled and announced soon, but for the mean time there's not many drivers showing up in the track that are interested in racing. There's few drivers but not enough to start a race or different classes. In the mean time what we can see that the majorty of our customers are interested in 1/10 touring races. So this will be a good start to arrange a 1/10 touring race with a 10.5 motor so it will be a close challenge and more exciting.

More information and announcments about our track, shop, and races will be announced on our facebook page

Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns about anything and we are happy to hear your suggestions.

Thanks for Dubdrift that made it easy for us to reach all of you guys.

Hope to see you in the track soon ;-)

Kind Regards,
PRO RC Management
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi,
Great news that the track is open, do you have lap timing at the track ?

Duane B
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 5:48 pm

Thanks for the update! Good to see someone put in the funding and effort in. I hope you are well supported, if I ever get the chance, I will certainly be popping in to see everything in action.
If you have a browse through dubdrift site, you will see that last summer we had a long mini championship that was very well supported by all the guys, and I reckon if u annOunced another season like that, the mini lads will be there in a flash.
If you don't have a timing system already, let me know and I could help out. I had some priority software for it, but am open to the use of the kit!

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:02 am

Thanks for clearing things up regarding the fees and everything, it has been a frequently asked question around the community.

Not everyones got a tourer at the moment since everyone has been busy with the drift events in the last few weekends. I happen to drop by the track twice and had a run with my mini on a weekday and it was a blast, the track was great and much more technical compared to al ain track.

Anyway I'm sure some of the guy's are already preparing their touring cars or minis and will be visiting the track soon. No need to travel for 2 hours for a proper track now!

Thanks proRC! very happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
PRO RC
Mechanic
PRO RC

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Thanks guys for your replies

Duane, we have the lap timing system but we didn't have the time to set it up.

Cathurga, we are planning to have racing seasons but we need time to arrange everything so it will be the perfect RC Racing season. We have the AMB lap timing system with the software. Thanks for your support.

Jay, Thank you for your support.

We hope to see all of you guys soon in the track ;-)

Best Regards,
PRO RC Management
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:25 am

Well guys,

I had my first running session at the track today, and all I can say is WOW!

I took my TB03 and the F1 as the guinea pigs to test traction and driveability. The TB03 was always a good runner, even at the Meydan track, but as is common place in DXB, traction levels on parking lots was always going to be questionable. I did some minor adjustments to then ar before I went today, but even from the first lap, it was plain to see that this track has a lot of grip. I did use traction compound, but the guys had not prepped the surface...it stuck like GLUE to the track. I had it geared for top speed, but because of the twistiness of some,parts of the track, the motor got very hot, got it up to 80 deg C!!! I geared it down a bit, sacrificing some top speed, but keeping the motor cooler. Clearly my 32 deg tires are no match for the heat and traction, and 38's or 40's would be better.

The F1 was difficult to drive as usual, but there is so much potential for good racing in the open wheel class.

No mini today, but with the amount of grip, a 13T motor in the minis would make it a hell of a lot of fun.

The facilities are awesom, compressor, charging stations, tables setup for you to work on next to the track, and even AC stations inside....we all wanted this, and I was disappointed to see only a handful of people there..

Guys, this is what you have all asked for/moaned about the lack of....and now you have it! It is easily accessible to all, and AED20 dirhams for all the facilities is NOTHING in the bigger scheme of things. You all need to get down there, prepare a tourer or a mini, and let's get racin.
The owners have done an awesome job, the have per-glued tires in stock, and although mostly x-ray kit, there are paints, bodies setup tools and a lot of other stuff. The future is determined how you all get involved, support and help develop the hobby.

I will DEFINATELY be sending time at that track when I am able, and all of you should at a minimum, go and try it out!
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:57 am

Totally agree. This is exactly what all of us wanted. Been on the track once. Love the facility.
Lets set up a weekly race evening for an hour or 2. Weekdays perhaps..?
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptySun May 13, 2012 4:13 am

i'll be back again on friday afternoon and get my mini and FF03 ready.. who's up for friday race?
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:58 pm

As of now, I only have an 'illegal' M-05.. We'll be replacing the weight-reduced parts.. very happy

The Sakura has more holes than a cheese plate after it has undergone modifications.
I have two options for a TC, 1 - getting new parts for the Zero or 2 - get a new TC..

I have tried the track with a properly setup TC.. And I must agree with all of you..
The Pro RC track is great!!!

I am planning to run 13T HW and eventually up to 10.5 class.
A 13T HW/Black Can mini is irreplaceable in terms of fun as well.

I may not be able to make it every weekend, but I'll try to come as much as I can.

See you guys in the track.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Sam, having had a look at the lighting at the track, evening running is probably limited to bashing/tooling around. Feel free to go for it, but any planned events should be weekend based. I am based in Jebel Ali, so getting home, prepping cars and then getting to the track will be all but impossible for me.
For weekends, is there any chance we can agree on a day to do this? Friday or Saturday?

I would like to start the ball rolling and have discussed with prorc that we need to start planning an event of sorts. We all managed to get organised for the event at the autodrome a few years back do why can we not get this off the ground? Come on people, which day would you prefer? Are you going to set up a tourer or not? If this is beyond the limits of all our capabilities, we might as well get it out there now...
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Lance , that's the spirit!

I can't imagine how the minis will handle on a track like this, I think we will start seeing a lot of traction rolling!
If you are going to get a new tourer, you should look at the X-ray fro prorc, they are perfect for an upgrade path from HW 13T to a 10.5T class. I did some maths last night and even a Tamiya entry tourer (TB03 or TA05) with the required upgrades to make it competitive, it is about the same price as the X-rays. I am talking about shocks, roll bars, steering upgrades c-hubs, driveshafts, diffs/spools etc which all need to be done. On top of that, there are spares available AT THE TRACK, and the prices are good!
Back to top Go down
jamea
Mechanic
jamea

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptySun May 13, 2012 4:06 pm

I will be driving xray t3 in 10.5 class and the TB03 in 13 for now, I would love to see the minis action too
I wont be able to visit every week, maybe every other week weekends only both days fine with me but prefer fridays specialy if running at night

will the transponders we used at the automodx work with the timing system in the track
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Yeah.. Prices are great! And compared to online shopped+shipped T3, ProRC's a bargain.

I just don't want to run the same car as most are running already. But I'll definitely get one sorted out soon.

Thinking of getting a TA-05v2 for the 13T class.. Just to be inline with the most having a non-CF car.
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:03 pm

friday for me smile anytime is my time )
Back to top Go down
dulli
Test Driver
dulli

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Does Pro RC have a contact number? Do you have Hop up parts?

Andrew
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:03 am

dulli wrote:
Does Pro RC have a contact number? Do you have Hop up parts?

Andrew

They carry just about everything for Xrays. The rest are things that are not kit specific.

You can get answers to most of your questions from the internet. You can search this forum or Google it. It's a lot faster and sometimes better.

Their number is on their website:

http://prorc.ae/

Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Just to let the touring guys know, ProRC are stocking RIDE pre-mounted rubber sets. They have 36R on dish wheels (not a fan of dish wheels) and they are VERY well priced. AED 140 for 4 wheels! I bought a set, on the advice of some of the guys using them.
I did some research online for a price comparison. After you have bought 2 two packs of the rubber, set of inserts and wheels, ProRC are cheaper. Actually, even the same part number from RCmart is US$39 before shipping, ... You all now how to use a calculator, you do the math, and don't forget to include shipping and waiting time smile
Back to top Go down
jamea
Mechanic
jamea

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC EmptySun May 20, 2012 4:50 pm

I am suing these tires right now which I got from the shop, after seeing the performance went and bought an other set for the other tourer or as a backup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement: PRO RC   Important Announcement: PRO RC Empty

Back to top Go down

Important Announcement: PRO RC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: EP General Forums :: EP Touring :: General Discussion-
Jump to: