DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Vote_lcapTamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Voting_barTamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Vote_lcapTamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Voting_barTamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Tamiya FF-03 Pro

Go down 
+9
cathurga
paul
LaNcE
J.Drift
Samaj
Abdul Basit
Duane
jebjeb
strawb
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:55 pm

I think i'am gonna get one of the non-pro versions. I believe they will be launching one with the original Civic EG bodies offered on the original FF01 chassis. Then slowly build it up with select RCmart hopups.
Plus iam a sucker for the Tamiya Box arts.
Any ideas for the non-pro releases in RC mart?
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:04 am

Hi Samaj,
I think I agree with you, more fun building box art and then choosing some hop ups, it prolongs the new car feeling.

Duane.
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:16 am

Duane wrote:
Hi
Anyone know what body shells are currently available to fit the shortest 233mm wheelbase of the FF03 ?

Duane.

I think the only shell that will fit the smallest size for FF03 are shells from TA03F-S and TA03R-S
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:21 am

Spot on..........atleast for me. I constantly need something to build or tinker with, order parts online......

Duane wrote:
Hi Samaj,
I think I agree with you, more fun building box art and then choosing some hop ups, it prolongs the new car feeling.

Duane.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:36 am

It's now available in RCMart..

FF-03 Pro

So much for the waiting.. (atleast for you guys very happy)

Now, let's get this chassis kit over to these shores.. thumbs_up
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:48 pm

Samaj wrote:
Sign me up for one just so i can complete my FF family.
Neat addition to my FF01 & FF02

Sam....just remember what you said......and the time is nigh....

I am about to hit the button, but I dont know which option to go with.....

FF03 Pro - OUT OF STOCK....not sure if the options are necessary apart from the shocks
FF03 Castrol Civic - AVAILABLE....get better shocks, body included (I have to have a FWD shell for this)
FF03 New Civic - UNRELEASED....same as above....

So, now the waiting game.....but I want one...

Who else?

Dan - will buy shortly
Sam - will buy shortly
Andy - will buy shortly
Paul - Got
Ian - Got

Ian was saying the other day that the front wheelspin is a problem....if we get a class going for these, should we run silvercan or something? Recommendations please....
Also, Ian do you know if a 64T TB03 spur will fit?
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:59 pm

right Andy, the 13t motor on an FF gives a lot of wheel spin on start and when exiting corners. unless you dont press the throttle hard or just balance it until there is enough traction. but then by that time comes, you'll be in another turn and will be doing the same balancing act of throttle vs wheel spin.

a less powerful motor should run this kit. saw in other sites that they use 17.5T motor or silvercan motor for there local track. but a SC motor would make or equivalent to stock mini and that is not fun for a kit this size. laughing

as for the PRO and the non pro FF03, aside from TRF shocks you get from the PRO, the standard ones does not come with blue (gayness) aluminums wink

yes, 64T spur from TB03 will fit the FF as they all come as standard along with the TA05 spurs but make sure you have a pinion bigger than 30T pinion to reach the spur.
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:35 pm

maybe GT Tuned or ST motor will do very happy

then put back the mini to SC very happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:28 pm

Hey Andy stop tempting me with the FF03.... wacko

As i said if the rest of the gang gets one. I'am in as well............... very happy

As jebjeb mentioned the wheel spin on FWD is a major problem. I used to race my FF02 in the good ol days. By the time you start to grip you need to break or slow down into a corner.

If we run silver or black can. Thats a 3rd vehicle with the same speed/performance factor . Thers is a distinct fun factor between Touring & the mini. But i dont see that much of a difference between touring & FF03 if they they both ran spec motors.

Unless the touring go outlaw , mini with silver & FF03 with black can/Hobby wing.

My 2 cents. Then agin i havent driven a FF03. May be its more fun than a touring........?
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Yeah, the FF03's do suffer from wheelspin, but it might be useful to shove some more weight in them, Tamiya design these things with NiCd in mind, so that might be a reason....

About the classes, I have said it once, and will say it again.....there needs to be consensus and I think the FF03's would be nice in their own class if they are not competitive enough, but then we need participants.

Right now, the mini Sport Tuned and GT Hobbywings have more than enough contenders, and if more want to 'branch out' the better.

I am all for an OUTLAW class of ANY type, if people want to compete on that level, then the same thinking applies and that is MAJORITY RULES.
Personally I would prefer a set of rules so that I can compete on a skills level and not with my wallet. All that means is that I wont participate in them, but anyone who does, needs to raise their hands ....and get things going, kinda like strawb is doing with the crawler part. If it wasnt for the 3hour round trip to get there, I would take part....
Back to top Go down
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:54 pm

Like ive said before im in, i keep checking for updates for the Pro on RCMart by they seem to be out of stock all of the time.

I think that they should run in thier own class, may be we can use black cans in these and 13T in the minis!? Minis would be even more fun then...
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:00 pm

I keep checking RCmart as well......hope it wasnt one of those limited release things... Although, having gone through the thread on rctech, it appears the shocks are the only valid upgrade on them, the rest is just bling as Ian says. I was hoping that the 64T pinion would allow a 28 or 29T pinion to fit as std.
Ian, have you got a 64T spur? I think I have one here, we should do a test and see if it will fit on a 29T pinion which I THINK I have.
Running them on silver can will be quicker than a mini, I think the final drive is higher than a mini, we should test this too.....

A normal FF03, with 3 Racing shocks, the aluminium diff upgrade might be the best bet as a buying option. With maybe some CVD shafts and a heatsink...
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:08 pm

i have some suggestion this if it only ok with you guys very happy

Mini Class = SC motor
FF Class = ST Motor Black Can
GT 4WD = 13T BL Motor

in this classes we dont have to buy any new motor since we all have those very happy

What do you think very happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:21 pm

i dont have a 64T spur with me andy and instead i am using the stock 68T spur that goes along with the kit and using 29t pinion. I think there is still enough adjustment if you put the 64T spur on the FF03 using a 29T pinion.

i noticed that putting weight infront of the FF03 gives less wheel spin as I have ran it from stock until i put all the gayness blue in it and there seem to be less wheel spin now. Maybe 30 to 70gms more weight would do the trick?

Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 pm

I have a 64T spur, will bring it on Sat, lets see what we can do with it. Maybe put a silver can in it so we can see what sort of speed we can wring out of it smile That spur will give a FDR of about 5.75 or so..

I think a few grams around or just behind the front bulkhead might make it a little more capable. As Duane said with his M04 testing, you can move weight around for effect, same applies with these things.....
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:51 pm

time for my 2 cents!!!

i reckon we should run the FF on 13T and either run stock gearing or or just up the pinion by 1-2 teeth

at the moment im running a stock spur with a 28T pinion and wheel spin aint bad at all very happy

26T - 6.8 FDR Stock
27T - 6.55
28T - 6.31

29T - 6.1

also mine and ian's ff03's are running 13T already dance and i dont feel like changing hahaha sarcastic blum
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:18 pm

Iam leaning towards the non-pro version from Anday has mentioned. Civic seems nice & at 125 USD iam ok to gamble. very happy

Plus it fun to buy hop ups per month.

Ok boys uncle Sam is officially in the FF03 game. 2thumbsup

Now that didint take too much of conviencing ...did it?

I listened to you guys .........now someone pair up with for the Venom bikes..........
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Nice Sam....tell me when you are going to order....we place the order at the same time and see whose gets here soonest....
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:28 pm

J.Drift wrote:
i have some suggestion this if it only ok with you guys very happy

Mini Class = SC motor
FF Class = ST Motor Black Can
GT 4WD = 13T BL Motor

in this classes we dont have to buy any new motor since we all have those very happy

What do you think very happy

I find the mini a bit slow and un-exciting with the SC. Even with the extra chicane, the track is still very open and fast for SC. You can drive it all without taking finger off the throttle!

GT is good with 13T, but I could also go outlaw with this class.

FF Class....... well one FWD car is enough for me, so don't think I will be getting one.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:37 pm

I agree that mini's should remain ST on the Meydan track. It was my first time out with the mini on the ST and they go really well! I think everyone has invested in the ST for mini's so yeah, lets stay at that.

13T is perfect for the 4WD cars, enough pace for the straights to make it fun and fast, but not crazy enough that they wont corner properly.

The FF's we will need to do some testing on, but it appears that in the TCS races in the US, this is by far the most popular on road class. A few guys I know in the UK are saying that the 3 mainstay classes are the 4WD touring on 13.5T, FF03 on 17.5T and mini silvercan. Granted that most of them are on indoor carpet tracks and the course are a lot smaller and twisty so raw power is wasted. We have mainly mini and GT classes sorted now, and to me that is good enough to engage in some really good racing. If we get the 13T motors before the weekend, and people have enough time to fit them, we should stage a little Saturday event?
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:00 am

Can we do a group order & save on the shipping-bank charges?
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:06 am

Sam, you dont really save on shipping and bank charges....I normally make sure that I watch the weight indicator on rcmart, and keep adding small 'stocking fillers' until I am just under the next weight segment. Stuff like tires, rims, bearings etc are all small and cost little to add in...bank charges are always a percentage of the total...normally around 5%

I am also a little cautious these days of the customs thing. Recently I picked up a package with some small items for heli/planes and they gave me the 3rd degree about the invoice. Unfortunately rcmart has a nasty habit of printing the value at US$50 for every package...it is unrealistic when you get a kit sized box and the value is US$50..every time!! Hobbyking allows you to specify the cost when they ship, and I always make it a realistic amount....

Sorry man, you are going to have to go this one alone...
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:32 am

No worries...........
One recommendation (or best a link) to the prefereed tires to suite touring & FF03 for the meydan track. Will order those as well.

BTW - Are u getting the Pro or Civic?
Dan... u in?
Back to top Go down
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:55 am

Im in, but thinking of getting the pro when its back in stock. Although im still not 100% sure which way to go!
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:44 am

Sam, I thnk I am going to go for the Civic, at least there is a motor included and a bodyset. I cannot seem to find whether there is an ESC in it as well, but could probably flog that for US$10 or so...if we are going to be racing with SC, ST or GT tuned, I might even use it laughing

The spares I was thinking of getting to start with were
(#54233) FF-03 Aluminum Diff Joint Set for FF-03 and FF-03 PRO
Heat Sink of some sort
and a set of the 3 Racing shocks....

I have a US$20 credit with rcmart so the shocks will be on the house so to speak...

All in it works out cheaper than the PRO and a bodyset to go along with it....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya FF-03 Pro   Tamiya FF-03 Pro - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tamiya FF-03 Pro
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next