DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Brushless buying guide... Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Brushless buying guide... Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Brushless buying guide... Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Brushless buying guide... Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Brushless buying guide... Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Brushless buying guide... Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Brushless buying guide... Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Brushless buying guide... Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Brushless buying guide... Vote_lcapBrushless buying guide... Voting_barBrushless buying guide... Vote_rcap 
Jay
Brushless buying guide... Vote_lcapBrushless buying guide... Voting_barBrushless buying guide... Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Brushless buying guide...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

Brushless buying guide... Empty
PostSubject: Brushless buying guide...   Brushless buying guide... EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Ok........now since i have got my Lipos. Looking at getting into Brushless.

Dont know the difference between sensored & sensorless. blush

-Looking at a ESC & Brushless motor combo from RCmart.
-Application for Touring car (TT01) need to be able to keep up with the rest of the brushless rides in the club. No insance , uncontrolable speeds.
-No computer programming via USB required. Simple plug & play.

-Can the same combo work on offroad 1/10 truck as well? Or are the the motors different for offroad

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Brushless buying guide...   Brushless buying guide... EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:26 pm

Show us your prospected BL systems Sam. So we can compare them..

To answer some questions, a "sensored" BL is always better than "sensorless" ones.. Especially in drifting.. (atleast from my point of view). It always knows where the commutator is. As compared to the Sensorless BLs, there is "cogging" when you pull the throttle for the first time coming from stop..

I think we are introducing some certain number of "Ts" for different classes. So better check which class you want to compete and abide by the rules.. smile

hope this helps.. very happy

Last edited by laNcELot on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Brushless buying guide...   Brushless buying guide... EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:25 pm

I dont plan to enter drifting. Just Mini, Gt & Offroad.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Brushless buying guide...   Brushless buying guide... EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:41 pm

sam

have a look at the yeah racing or hobbywing combos, they will be fine for what you are looking for!

get a 13T (similar to sport tuned power) for the mini and a 9T for GT outlaw

the 9T would be okay for 1/10 scale 2wd offroad but for anything 4wd is would look at CC mamba max pro or sidewinder....for 1:8 scale...you will need way more power....something like CC mamba monster 2200kv or 2650kv
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: Brushless buying guide...   Brushless buying guide... EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 6:21 pm

As Paul say's, the RC Mart combo's are good value, but you will have to buy the one for the application you want to use it.
For sensored ESC and motor combo's I think they start getting more expensive.

I ended up getting the CC sidewinder since it should do about anything I want it to except run sensored motors, or 1/8 buggy etc.
You said you don't need the USB programming, but with the sidewinder it is really useful and I like it a lot. Also I can use sidewinder with brushed motor if I need to. I'm about to swap out the CC 4600kv and put the sport tuned in.

The CC Mamba Max Pro does it all, brushed / brushless, sensored / sensorless (I think but check that), and will handle all the current you can throw at it. I don't think there is much else on the market that is so flexible. But for me the sidewinder is enough for now, I'm not too worried about running sensored motors and the 4600kv is more than enough power wise.

A short note on sensored motors, I think they are used mostly at the top levels since with sensorless sometimes there is short lag between hitting the throttle and when the cars starts. This is cos like Lance said, the ESC does not know where the motor com is and therefore where to send the power to. So my combo off the line may not be the quickest, but who care's.....we are not pro's here, and my choice of motors is bigger and the lower cost make it more attractive.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Brushless buying guide...   Brushless buying guide... EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Great inputs guys..

@Sam, I knew you weren't entering drifting.. That's why I asked of the class you want to enter as there are no Classes or Divisions in drifting with regards to motors in our group..

Let's see what you've got your eyes on.. Maybe we can help you decide.. Greg and Paul clearly named some of the more popular choices.. Some of the guys here are already running on these brands.. smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brushless buying guide...   Brushless buying guide... Empty

Back to top Go down

Brushless buying guide...
Page 1 of 1