DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcapAutomodex Invite - Page 3 Voting_barAutomodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcapAutomodex Invite - Page 3 Voting_barAutomodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Automodex Invite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Which categories are you interested to join in at the Automodex event?
EP 1:10 Drift NOVICE Class
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 13 ]
EP 1:10 Drift ADVANCE Class
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
EP 1:10 Mini Class - Stock
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
EP 1:10 Mini Class - Modified
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
EP 1:10 GT Class - Stock
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 11 ]
EP 1:10 GT Class - Modified
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 9 ]
GP 1:10 NITRO TOURING Class - Stock
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
GP 1:10 NITRO TOURING Class - Modified
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
GP 1:8 NITRO TOURING Class - Stock
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
GP 1:8 NITRO TOURING Class - Modified
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
GP 1:8 Buggy Class
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
GP 1:8 Truggy Class
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
EP Drag Race Class 1
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
GP Drag Race Class 2
Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Automodex Invite - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 63

AuthorMessage
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Automodex Invite - Page 3 Empty
PostAutomodex Invite

Automodex Invite - Page 3 Dudriftinvite

Click HERE to register.
Register now before its too late clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Share this post on: reddit

Automodex Invite :: Comments

gerg
Re: Automodex Invite
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:46 pm by gerg
I hope it is well lit, we are driving at night!
Jay
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:47 pm by Jay
they will start the construction of the track 3-4 days before the event.. we should visit the area before the event and check it out.

lets do some practice runs lol

@Dan whats the surface like? is it same tarmac as the parking lot at area2 or a smooth dubai road asphalt?
cathurga
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:53 pm by cathurga
Dan, yep, moved you to the correct class.

I will be posting the latest event status sometime this weekend. Registrations are now closed.

There will also be a guide on procedures for the day which you will all be required to follow.

Something you should know up front, is that there will be a staging area where everyones cars will need to be placed and switched OFF. Only when your race is up, will you be allowed to get your car, switch it on and proceed to the grid. After your race, the car goes BACK to the staging area and you will go to marshall. Only between rounds will you be allowed to work on your vehicle....

There will be NO access to chargers so you need to bring batteries to last the races you are in.

One battery per car will be more than enough per evening. If you dont have one battery per car you will either need to reduce the number of classes you are entering, borrow a battery or make a plan. These rules will be in place from a SAFETY perspective.

The Nitro guys will be getting a seperate set of rules for the containment of fuels in a no smoking area.

EVERYONE will be expected to marshall. Outside volunteers were going to be supplied but due to the nature of racing, YOU understand what needs to be done in the event of a marshall intervention, YOU are aware of the dangers of oncoming cars and it is a courtesy as we dont have professional marhsalls. I assume all of you are ok with this.
Lastly, and you will get more rules...LOL.....if you are late, or ill-prepared, you will be EXCLUDED from the heat. You can enter the next one, but if you are not ready, nobody will wait for you.

Watch your email accounts, more info is en-route!!
LaNcE
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:08 pm by LaNcE
wait..

add me up in the GT Stock please..

Thanks!

Last edited by laNcELot on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:10 pm by Jay
why would there be no charging access on a race track? its one of the prime features we need during the event. specially on friday which we will be racing the whole day.

i would suggest that a charging area is a must, not everyones got enough batteries to lasts the whole evening banghead like me.

we should take this as an opportunity and run our cars to the fullest and enjoy a 4 day non-permanent track and not be limited due to lack of charging access.
cathurga
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:31 pm by cathurga
Jay,

Simple.....safety.

I have requested at least one charging station, but it will be limited. If things change, will let you know.

If you are entered in 4 classes (Drift, GT, Mini & GT-Mod) you could have a bit of a problem. Right now though, the most registrations is for 3 classes. And I know those people have sufficient batteries.

Friday is the reason I am pushing, although not everyone is going to reach the finals smile

I have included as many opportunities for people to get as much racing as possible, even a wildcard for the finals.

If you had entries in 2 classes, the MAXIMUM racing time on Friday will be 15 minutes per class. (excluding drift)

Whatever happens, use of electricity to charge will be supervised. Safety is a major concern. I have seen firsthand an abused Lipo at Al-Ain.....very happy

I dont believe anything has been done about getting demo vehicles for the general public to try out.....which is one reason why we would need chargers.

I understand your frustration J, but bear in mind, this will NOT be a free run event like at Al-Ain where you just walk out onto the track and run whenever you like,.....
Jay
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:01 pm by Jay
Thats one reason why I dont like lipos.. Im afraid of them. Now non-lipo guys would have to suffer too. Its not gonna be racing all night of cours, we should have free practice runs, you dont just go and race on a new track. So one battery per car isnt really enough.

I say put the charging area in a safe place far from everyone is the best answer.. not to exclude it. I have 3 nicd batteries 1 just died recently so now I have 2 batteries for 3 kits.. will try to get 1 this weekend.. if approved!

I will be busy the whole night as marshall anyways. Now lets make this happen and have fun!!!
cathurga
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:11 pm by cathurga
Jay,

I think we will need to go and practice beforehand.... cry There will be no time to get used to the track and conditions....

Lipo are a lot more dangerous when abused....Lipo burns, Nimh explode... smile

Anyway, you are disqualified from all classes, you are too good blum3
Jay
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:37 pm by Jay
Andy if theres an open slot please let me be the first one to get in the race wilinili

You on the other hand will be the one that will definitely not enter any of the classes not just because you are faster than me but your the official lap timer of the event lol

Goodluck everyone!
RECKRACING
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:48 pm by RECKRACING
Andy's the Man! Hel be our official race director from this first Automodex race upto the GCC TC cup! right Andy?
paul
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:02 pm by paul
cathurga wrote:

I think we will need to go and practice beforehand.... cry There will be no time to get used to the track and conditions....

Andy

what times will the track be available? maybe we can have an open session an hour before the comp begins or something?

Any chance the track will be ready by this saturday afternoon? if so it would be great to have this weekends session there instead of area 2?
J.Drift
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:32 pm by J.Drift
i like that paul smile

is it possible ? hurray
cathurga
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:15 pm by cathurga
As far as I am aware, there is going to be construction starting this weekend, mostly on the associated event stands, the driver stand and the bridge.

They are going to be starting the track layout. They wanted to have a meeting there on Fri or Sat and if I can make it it will have to be Saturday afternoon......I dont see why a few people cannot turn up, but it might be a little out of order to all go.
tractorboy
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:22 pm by tractorboy
I couldnt make it to the actual surface as its in a gated area, near the management office.

Im sure there will be nobody about tomorrow so i should be able to find away in and get some pictures
Abdul Basit
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:27 pm by Abdul Basit
Dan, don't forget to wear a desert camo and don't forget your waterskin... blum3
Good look soldier.

Yayy..Really want to see the pictures. Even though I didn't take part in the exhibition =(
tractorboy
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:16 pm by tractorboy
Ive been to visit the site a few times this weekend.

Yesterday i managed to get a good look at the surface, very similar to area 2. But the track needs a good clean.

Construction of the track hasnt taken place yet, although they have built some sort of towers close to the track.

The rest of the event structures are well on the way though.

Heres a quick pic of the site from a distance which i took this morning. But its a crapy iphone pic so cant make out too much:

Automodex Invite - Page 3 Img0513kh

Ill be checking the site every morning before i go to work. Hopefully the track should be together by tomorrow!
jebjeb
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:20 pm by jebjeb
towers are up! thanks for the update dan! smile hope to see it transform this coming days
paul
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:28 pm by paul
looks like the guys have a fair bit of work to do still! silent

lets hope they have it ready by tuesday!
sideslider
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:34 pm by sideslider
Heyy guyz,

Did anyone check whether or not we could pre-run the course tomorrow? i sighned up for the demo on tuesday......
bong
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:38 pm by bong
i thought there supposed to be some bleachers?

two days to go before the event, hmmm, let's see how fast they can build this one... they should be in outlaw mode lol!

thanks for the pic dan.
Jay
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:10 pm by Jay
Thanks for the update Dan!

They said construction will start today.. and yeah lets hope they finish it by tuesday. Cant wait to see how the track looks in real life lol

We'll be waiting for your daily update of the area man!
tractorboy
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:34 pm by tractorboy
Well ill check tomorrow morning as i guess it will be too dark when i get home. Plus i need as much time as possible tonight to build the M-05.

Ill keep everyone updated with pictures
Jay
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:47 pm by Jay
I guess they might work 24hrs on this like they do here at tradecenter exhibitions.. schedule is very tight since they just started today and all should be done by tuesday morning.

Im sure we'll see a lot of changes from your pictures by tomorrow.
good luck on your m-05 build!
RECKRACING
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:08 pm by RECKRACING
whoa! another mini! Nice one Dan, finish it up!
tractorboy
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 pm by tractorboy
altimeters wrote:
I guess they might work 24hrs on this like they do here at tradecenter exhibitions.. schedule is very tight since they just started today and all should be done by tuesday morning.

Im sure we'll see a lot of changes from your pictures by tomorrow.
good luck on your m-05 build!

Thanks. Im hoping to get the most of it built tonight and finish the body tomorrow night. But ill be on a tight time frame
Post  by Sponsored content

Automodex Invite

Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next