DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcapAutomodex Invite - Page 7 Voting_barAutomodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcapAutomodex Invite - Page 7 Voting_barAutomodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Automodex Invite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Which categories are you interested to join in at the Automodex event?
EP 1:10 Drift NOVICE Class
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap21%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 13 ]
EP 1:10 Drift ADVANCE Class
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap13%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
EP 1:10 Mini Class - Stock
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap13%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
EP 1:10 Mini Class - Modified
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap2%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
EP 1:10 GT Class - Stock
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap17%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 11 ]
EP 1:10 GT Class - Modified
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap14%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 9 ]
GP 1:10 NITRO TOURING Class - Stock
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap3%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
GP 1:10 NITRO TOURING Class - Modified
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap2%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
GP 1:8 NITRO TOURING Class - Stock
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
GP 1:8 NITRO TOURING Class - Modified
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
GP 1:8 Buggy Class
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap3%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
GP 1:8 Truggy Class
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap6%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
EP Drag Race Class 1
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap5%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
GP Drag Race Class 2
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_lcap1%Automodex Invite - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 63

AuthorMessage
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Automodex Invite - Page 7 Empty
PostAutomodex Invite

Automodex Invite - Page 7 Dudriftinvite

Click HERE to register.
Register now before its too late clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Share this post on: reddit

Automodex Invite :: Comments

RECKRACING
Re: Automodex Invite
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:46 pm by RECKRACING
Good to have you on-board as well Mr. Gass! welcome and hope you enjoy the forums!
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:05 pm by Gass
Yes of course will meet there, thanks again to everyone put effort for this lovely event.
Gaston
Samaj
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:32 pm by Samaj
Surely enjoyed all of the 3.5 days i was there. Wish i could have stayed for the finals.
Definately more challanging than driving round & round in an empty parking lot.

Thanks once again to Andy & all the organizers for all their hard work .Now lets focus to get a permanent track for the club.

With regards to the car specs inspections. Acknowledge the fact that more effort needs to be out to inspect each & every car. But for example for the stock GT class. There must be a specific turn for the motors. Cannot be fair if some has a stock motor with lesser turns even though the motor falls under the 'stock' catagory.

The Mini stock were relatively equally matched as everyone ran stock silver cans.

No big deal ............just wanted to point out.

When is the next race now.?????????
cathurga
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:17 pm by cathurga
Yeah, we will start getting some numbers together and do the class allocations based on that.

From the event we saw that the most popular classes by FAR were the Mini & GT Stock, and the reason is simple.

Easy
Affordable
Available

The GT Modified started off as the most popular via registration, but by the time it got underway, only 6 entries out of 12 actually made it to the track.

I firmly believe we need to ENSURE that at least ONE class has a simple requirement to ensure fairness and that will be decided by a VOTE. Right now I see 2 classes that make that grade....Mini & GT-Stock and I propose the following:

Mini - Leave it as is OR upgrade to Sport Tuned; all other criteria remain the same.
Touring - Choice of motor - Sport Tuned, GT-Tuned or 13T Hobbywing BL - Touring car bodies only (4 door saloons)
GT-Modified - only 19T or 9T Hobby wing - GT bodysets only
Outlaw - Anything goes
Nitro - Input required

If we are able to get a track laid out, I would also propose a Saturday Silvercan Shootout that races on the mini-course. For competition we limit the prizes available for this class, but make entry FREE to attract newbies....

Bear in mind, if you want to follow these rules properly, then we need to enforce inspections and also a staging area, where you are NOT ALLOWED to work on the car between races

Anyway, I am off on leave soon, and we will get the club issue sorted first, and then get down to getting the rest done.
smile
Jay
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:12 pm by Jay
I agree with the given requirements above to assure fairness to everyone, we need to be more accurate next time.

BTW Andy as per request by everyone.. can we see the race statistics of the whole event?
Thanks.
cathurga
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:28 pm by cathurga
Jay, right now I have all the PDF's. I have to sit and convert every, single PDF into a JPEG using paint, then I have to host all the PDF's on a website....I dont have the time at the moment. It is a total of 32 PDF's.....

What I can post up this evening is the calculation for the finals as I have it on ONE spreadsheet. It is a summary of best times which is what got everyone to the finals...I will put that up this evening.
Jay
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:32 pm by Jay
Thats a lot lol.. i think the finals will do.. or if you want i could help you out send me some and ill work on it.

BTW when are you leaving?
J.Drift
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:35 pm by J.Drift
i only have i suggestion about the GT stock is it possible to make the motor limit to ST motor only with FDR limit just to be fair to all. Because among the 3 motor mentioned for GT stock class ST motor is the most under dog when it come to power & most of us is using ST motor.

this is just my suggestion to avoid complain of being not fair smile

but still its up to you guys what ever the decission is im still in smile
cathurga
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:44 pm by cathurga
Jay, I am leaving on Friday morning.

What I might try and do is send all the people in the Automodex list, an email with the attachments. PDF's are small anyway.

Additionally, I will put the overall summary on the site later.

J.Drift, I hear you. The ST is the least potent of the 3 motors mentioned and at some point, whatever class is the most popular (Touring should be) we need to clamp down completely on the rules. I believe though, that in good hands, the ST is capable of racing in this class. I was racing my Evo4 with and ST before the days events last week......and I was getting laptimes that were pretty close to GT-Stock best...

The most popular class must have the best prizes, the most entrants and must be the basis of the clubs existence. The other classes need to attract a MINIMUM of 5 entrants, or get scrapped....
mister-e
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:10 am by mister-e
Please consider as well rebuildable motors with fixed timing (e.g. 23T, 12 degree).
Change only the brushes when they are worn out instead of buying new motor.
LaNcE
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:38 am by LaNcE
+1 for rebuildable motors..

less costs in the long run..

a GT Tuned (25T) can be used if the 101BK is to be considered..
and an FDR of 5.8-6.0 maybe acceptable..

I have a lightly tuned motor (28T) that i want to use as well.. smile
cathurga
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:36 am by cathurga
Mister-e I am all for rebuildable too.....and Lance was reading my mind....the GT-Tuned is the one that stands out as the best one. For the EXACT reasons the two of you have mentioned. Fixed Timing and Rebuildable.
The GT-Tuned has the torque and the revs to be a really good motor, and it will work with the kit so people will save there.

23T will be a bit quick on the local carpark track, but in Al-Ain you could use it in the GT Mod section.

Lance, I have a Mystery Stock 27T motor that I would happily race in the Touring Car class....its fun to do.....it's like going fishing for big fish with a light line...
LaNcE
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:53 am by LaNcE
I was in Hobby Centre yesterday and the day before, I saw a pile of GT Tuned motors (more then 10) and I'm sure there are more in their "warehouse".. Maybe we can put a bulk order and get a good deal..

Just my thoughts.. smile
J.Drift
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:02 pm by J.Drift
laNcELot wrote:
I was in Hobby Centre yesterday and the day before, I saw a pile of GT Tuned motors (more then 10) and I'm sure there are more in their "warehouse".. Maybe we can put a bulk order and get a good deal..

Just my thoughts.. smile

lance how much is the cost of GT tuned? smile

why dont we use SC motor in area 2 & GT tuned or ST in al ain smile

becuase for me it will be more fun if we are all runnig in the same speed hurray
gerg
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:22 pm by gerg
Strangely enough, the silver can's don't seem to be very widely available.
After many months, RC mart finally have some in stock, but only 14 as of today. few months ago I was looking for one and couldn't find one anywhere.

Silver can is good for mini, since many of the kit come with them, for the Touring, I think the ST or similar is best, I think a lot of touring kit come with these too. My vote is for the ST in touring since many of us already brought one and its only cheap anyway.
mister-e
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:39 pm by mister-e
With regards to the GT-Tuned motor:

Let's order a bulk and negotiate discount for a quantity order at Hobby Center for the "club-races".
It's rebuildable and has fixed timing.

Use it for the coming trip to Al Ain.

When is this planned?

bounce
J.Drift
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:43 pm by J.Drift
i agree with that to have discount

1 for me hurray
paul
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:47 pm by paul
mister-e wrote:

When is this planned?

bounce

There has been talk for the second weekend in April (9th friday) but nothing has been confirmed...

I'll start a thread to see what suits everyone :o
cathurga
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:08 pm by cathurga
I am going to Dubai Mall tonight, to the cinema, I will drop in to Hobby Center and see what I can do. Maybe send a mail to Mr Jalil.....will let you know...

Gerg, we could always drop the ST's into the mini's for Al-Ain trips.....

LOL

Just swap all the time...

Area 2 - Mini Silver can, ST for touring.
Al-Ain - Mini ST , GT-tuned for touring... rolling eyes
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:24 pm by Bandit
can i ran my kit using 13.5 BL? hihihi
mister-e
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:31 pm by mister-e
Only when drift tires are used driving
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:33 pm by Bandit
hahahhaha! ill think about that....hmmmm maybe....hahahaha
minikufer
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:43 pm by minikufer
will the automodex website be updated regarding the results of the event.
the manager of the LHS here in riyadh wants to see the results.

maybe he thinks were just giving him the run around. cry
gerg
Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:18 am by gerg
OK, thought I should chip in with some thoughts and comments........

Firstly....... kudos to all those who helped organise, I'm pretty sure we all had a good time and really appreciate everyone's efforts.

From my own perspective I had a lot of fun with the mini racing (as always), but I missed Jay Eric and Andy so next time there will be no excuses, you guys have to participate. So Andy, get that training hat on next time you bring the timing gear on a Sat, so that someone can relieve you of your duties......

As for the GT outlaw racing.......WOW, I really found that exhilarating.......and felt quite pumped with adrenalin after some of those heats. My first taste of brushless power and I think I like it. I retired early from the final and my ride was possibly a little over-powered very happy but it sure was fun. I hope we can encourage some more racers to join in this class, it was a blast. I can't wait to try that out up at Al Ain.....
cathurga
Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:04 am by cathurga
Automodex Invite - Page 7 Automo16
Post  by Sponsored content

Automodex Invite

Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next