DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcapAutomodex Invite - Page 6 Voting_barAutomodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcapAutomodex Invite - Page 6 Voting_barAutomodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Automodex Invite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Which categories are you interested to join in at the Automodex event?
EP 1:10 Drift NOVICE Class
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap21%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 13 ]
EP 1:10 Drift ADVANCE Class
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap13%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
EP 1:10 Mini Class - Stock
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap13%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
EP 1:10 Mini Class - Modified
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap2%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
EP 1:10 GT Class - Stock
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap17%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 11 ]
EP 1:10 GT Class - Modified
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap14%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 9 ]
GP 1:10 NITRO TOURING Class - Stock
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap3%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
GP 1:10 NITRO TOURING Class - Modified
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap2%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
GP 1:8 NITRO TOURING Class - Stock
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
GP 1:8 NITRO TOURING Class - Modified
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
GP 1:8 Buggy Class
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap3%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
GP 1:8 Truggy Class
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap6%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
EP Drag Race Class 1
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap5%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
GP Drag Race Class 2
Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_lcap1%Automodex Invite - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 63

AuthorMessage
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Automodex Invite - Page 6 Empty
PostAutomodex Invite

Automodex Invite - Page 6 Dudriftinvite

Click HERE to register.
Register now before its too late clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Share this post on: reddit

Automodex Invite :: Comments

J.Drift
Re: Automodex Invite
Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:58 pm by J.Drift
me too agree about last night thanks to andy & event team that make it happen smile

im excited for tonight racing & drifting hurray hurray hurray hurray
paul
Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:16 pm by paul
altimeters wrote:

Im sure everyone had enough race for one night.. well not exactly everyone lol
See you guys tonight!

Jay bring your stuff tonight, i'll will sit out a race or 2 so you can get some track time!
Jay
Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:36 pm by Jay
paul@play wrote:
Jay bring your stuff tonight, i'll will sit out a race or 2 so you can get some track time!
Just kidding Paul!
We will have enough time of free racing this friday.. I dont want you to lose any numbers! Plus Im saving my batteries for drifting lol

Thanks man smile
gerg
Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:17 pm by gerg
altimeters wrote:
paul@play wrote:
Just kidding Paul!
We will have enough time of free racing this friday.. I dont want you to lose any numbers! Plus Im saving my batteries for drifting lol

Thanks man smile

I'm sure there are enough of us willing to help out when we can so that we all get to have some race time.
I think the marshalling was good, and can probably run unassisted, and anyone with a freee hand can drop the flag.
Andy's job requires a little more training but I'm sure with a little instruction one of us could run a race or two.

Bottom line.......you won't lose any racer's, you will have some extra one's. very happy
paul
Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:24 pm by paul
thumbs_up

definately greg, lets all help out to get everyone some time on the track!
tractorboy
Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:34 pm by tractorboy
Last night was a lot of fun. Hats off to Andy, seemed like a lot of stress but all of the racing got under way on time.

Im sure a few of us could help out so we could get a few more ppl racing. There were plenty of marshals last night and everyone seemed to pitch in well.

So im ready for round 2, will be down a little later but will be there before the racing starts. Hopefully i have sorted the problems with my mini this morning.
cathurga
Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:41 pm by cathurga
Hey guys,

I appreciate all the gestures of kudo's and thanks...it is good just to know that this has actually happened at all, and for that the thanks should be directed at Jay & Eric from Dubdrift, and also Robert and Mohammed from DEO Dubai.

I am under no illusions that the RC side of the event has cost them money and yet they have still gone ahead with it, and are still talking about regular racing. So we may have an ally here in our future efforts to establish a club with a venue.

Most encouraging about the whole event is that we have seen some really good racing, and I am event MORE impressed by the involvement of everyone! Jay has had lots of support getting the marshalling sorted and Eric has done well with keeping the drivers in check. What this all means is that we have been able to move through the event at a steady pace and we have kept WELL within the time constraints that I had originally (by sheer guesswork). I was nervous that we would not be able to finish the Rounds in the alotted time. The fact that we HAVE means that all of you are 'learning' the requirements to get an event like this done....and that is great! If you consider what normal event with 4 classes would be like, it takes a lot of time to get through. Now, if you think of a monthly race...it would have to be 12 heats and 2 finals, thats 14 races. We are doing 8 races at this event, so a full Friday/Saturday event would be more work....at least 6 hours of event...

All in all, apart from the lighting, drivers stand and polystyrene boarding, I think it is going well, has been a great learning curve for us and very positive for future events..

very happy very happy smile
gerg
Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:28 pm by gerg
What time we starting today??
tractorboy
Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:14 pm by tractorboy
im heading there for around 12, racing starts at 2
paul
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:53 am by paul
@Andy

any chance you could post the results of all the racing?

Thanks
cathurga
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:14 pm by cathurga
Yeah, I will post all the results at some point, at the moment I am really busy at work and for the last 48 hours have not wanted to even SEE anything RC related..

I will try to create a place to download all the PDF's and will name them easily so you can see days, rounds and class.
paul
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:32 pm by paul
yip i can imagine!

sounds good, will be interesting to see all the times, rounds, dnf's etc! hahaha
cathurga
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:09 pm by cathurga
The results are in some cases very interesting, the software did have some glitches though and takes away from the fun-factor if you are a 'statistician'...for e.g

Once the race is over, the people who did not finish within a lap of the leader, had their results skewed for the last 5 laps.

Distance/time between laps became skewed as a result of the above.

The timing for the first lap was always skewed, partly because the SW was not recognising that the cars were off on their first lap at the sound of the buzzer and instead waited for the cars to come around again before counting them. This could be countered by starting the cars behind the bridge, but this presented problems with the completion of the correct amount of laps.

Anyway, I think it was a good experience all round. We may have to revert to the old 5-car-limit software to get accurate results and I reckon this is for the best anyway as having 12 people in a race like in the GT Stock was a bit silly. I think 8 should be the limit.

From a racing perspective, I think the format we used was good. On reflection the GT-Mod, Mini and especially the GT-Stock A-finals were accurate enough that we had the right drivers in the right races. The GT-Stock A-Final was an awesome race in my opinion, very close. The same for the Mini, and if it wasn't for some unforced accidents, it would have also been a very close race.

I think the right trophies went to the right people, but I have to say that special mention must go to Ahmed who did really well in his races, and was a little too impatient. He made some moves at times he could have hung back as there was still time to overtake....good driving though.
Jamea was driving well and won the Nitro, but I had no choice but to penalise for no other reason that he could not attend all the days; and did not have enough qualifying times. Sorry about that, but it is only fair. I think all of you will have to watch out when the one-day comps come along.
Ian was unlucky on a few occasions and was forced out with car trouble, he still qualified with a great run in the GT-Stock final. Like Ahmed, a little too impetuous...patience, patience :-)
Eathan and young Stephen (Einstein) certainly showed the 'big-boys' a thing or two, but then all of us are aware at the grip he has on the drift scene.....the young ones have the reactions and the eyesight!!
Samaj drove VERY consistently, his laptimes were consitent and showed patience...had he not had to leave early, the lineup on the classes could have been a little different....

Lastly, from a driver perspective.....Eric and Jay were not in the mini lineup....things could have been VERY different had they been there.....but they were looking after the marshalling and the track reconstruction between races/rounds....

Overall, I was quite impressed with the way things turned out, and the following points can help us run these events smoothly in the future:
Drivers were quick to get on the stand and race, and everyone showed urgency - good!
Drivers walked across the track to pick up or start cars - bad!
Drivers went back to the tables to repair cars - bad! (we can make allowances here, until it becomes unfair)
Marshalling is an art, and will be learned, but everyone was keen, very impressive!!

Finally, I did not see any incidences of anger or bad manners on the drivers stand, and this needs to STAY as an integral part of racing. Everyone was gentlemanly and respectful to others. This is the CORE of RC racing and I am very impressed with the behaviour of all.

As things progress this might change. When the stakes get higher, the risks become greater you will find that tempers will flare, but there was none on the drivers stand.

I did NOT inspect any cars for class violations, but I was happy that any infringements were minor and unintended. The closeness of the racing was good enough for me. This will change in the future but for now, it seems that everyone maintained the top, most important rule of all...

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

smile
Jay
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:04 pm by Jay
Yup everyone had fun! Thanks Andy for everything.. specially your patience lol
Thanks to everyone for a successful event clown

Lets do this again!!!
RECKRACING
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:20 pm by RECKRACING
Thank you to all who participated and congratulations to all the winners! Special thanks to Andy for organizing and staging the race, and of course to DEO for the Automodex event, none of these would be possible without them and the people behind DEO.
J.Drift
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:32 pm by J.Drift
i would like to say thank you very much to all who organize this successful event hurray

mostly to :
Andy hurray hurray
Reck hurray hurray
Jay hurray hurray
Robert & his (DEO) Team hurray hurray
Brayan, Stephene & his family who drive 12hrs just to participate the event hurray hurray

1M thanks to all of you

im wishing that we will have another event like this smile
LaNcE
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:26 pm by LaNcE
Thanks to everyone especially Andy, Jay and Eric and to Robert and his gang..

And to all marshals!

Thanks guys!

Congratulations to all the winners!

It was all fun! woooohoooo!
minikufer
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:00 pm by minikufer
again cudos to andy, jay, eric, robert and dub drift crew

we really had a lot of fun, especially me coz this wuz my first ever race wl minis and luckily for me Mr. A had the Cross wink

Thanks again guys!

hurray
tractorboy
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:02 pm by tractorboy
Definitely a good event, and the A finals of the GT Stock and Mini were great to watch.

Thanks to all the organisers, hopefully if we do this again we can work out a system were the organisers can join in with the racing
cathurga
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:46 pm by cathurga
tractorboy wrote:
hopefully if we do this again we can work out a system were the organisers can join in with the racing
...easy, I need to train you guys how to use the software.... smile
Nitram
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:56 pm by Nitram
Andy, Eric, Jay and Robert...& DUB DRIFT Community,

Many thanks....and congrats.. well done.. hurray
paul
Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:48 am by paul
guys

a big thank you to everyone who made this events a success! you know who you all are!!!!!

i had loads of fun! and cant wait for the next event like this!
jamea
Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:59 am by jamea
Many thanks to everyone for a great weekend and special thank you to Andy, hope to do this again soon.
Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:33 pm by Gass
Great week, hope to be repeated, and stay all together big thanks for Andy and the team who assist him to make this event happenned with a success, i dont remember all the names Eric, Chris, Jamea ,Hamed, Martin, thanks for all drivers and their families who stayed the whole day with us, it was realy a family pinoy atmosphere, very happy smile Tis is me Gaston Nikolaou
Jay
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:37 pm by Jay
Welcome to the site Mr. Gaston!
Nice of you to join us at the track and now here at the forums aswell clown

See you on the next race day! probably in Al Ain this comming April!
Post  by Sponsored content

Automodex Invite

Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next