Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.


Jay
Administrator



 
Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.


Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
by rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
by Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
by cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
by pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
by kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
by king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
by Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
by kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
 
Jay
 
LaNcE
 
jebjeb
 
cathurga
 
Bandit
 
strawb
 
paul
 
chardiboi
 
.j0sh
 
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 
 

 Convincing video's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pietero555
Mechanic
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-01-05
Location : Waregem, Belgium

PostSubject: Convincing video's   Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi DubDrifters!

My name is Pieter Braeckevelt and I'm from Belgium. When I was younger I used to race with RC-cars.
I still own a few cars but I mainly 'use' my HPI RS4 Pro 3. I've been out of the circuit for a while so I don't know the latest... But yesterday I saw one of DubDrifts-movies that convinced me to try it as well. I hope this forum can give me some tips and tricks wink

Hear ya later!
Pietero
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
avatar

Posts : 2517
Join date : 2009-06-08
Location : Al Khan, Sharjah, UAE

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi Pieter!

Welcome to the forums!

Hope to see you in our meets..

Join the fun..


See yah!


Last edited by laNcELot on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
avatar

Posts : 1054
Join date : 2009-10-07
Location : Mirdiff

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Hey Pietero!
Welcome to the forum very happy
You've got a very nice kit there...Are you planning on drifting? Or touring? We've got both incase you didn't know.
If you want to drift, just grab yourself a set of HPI T-Drift tires, or Tamiya Super Driftech tires, they both work very well.
You WILL learn some tips and tricks...This place is loaded with them very happy


P.S, how old are you? I'm 14 blum3

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-01-05
Location : Waregem, Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Well I'm planning to drift a bit, between all my work for school and other things :p

I'm not familiar with the tires, but yeah maybe I'll try them.
What are the specs? Are they really hard? How come they drift so good?

I'm 21!

grtz
P
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
avatar

Posts : 1054
Join date : 2009-10-07
Location : Mirdiff

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:35 pm

You'll like drifting blum3
It's can get annoying at first, because the "zero friction" can be hard to get used to...

What are the specs? Hmm..The T-Drifts are 26mm and the Driftechs are 24mm..
T-Drifts I believe, are made of a hard rubber compound (correct me if I'm wrong), and the Driftechs are very hard plastic.

What makes them drift is so good is the near perfect slip:grip ratio they have.
We drifters like lotssss of slip, but we also like enough grip to keep out cars in control, and to exit a drift (and to make transitions between the drifts).

I think there are a couple of sets of drift tires available in the "Sell your stuff" section of the forum. Open up the home page and find the sell your stuff section somewhere a little above the bottom.

Oh..And once you decide you like drifting, you can buy hop ups/upgrades...A solid axle/LSD/Spool is what you should get for the rear, and a Center one way or a front one way would also help you out.

Hope I helped very happy

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
avatar

Posts : 1462
Join date : 2009-10-26
Location : Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:05 pm

Welcome Pieter!

enjoy your time on dubdrift and make a plan to get down to one of the sessions!
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
pietero555
Mechanic
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-01-05
Location : Waregem, Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Abdul Basit wrote:
You'll like drifting blum3
It's can get annoying at first, because the "zero friction" can be hard to get used to...

What are the specs? Hmm..The T-Drifts are 26mm and the Driftechs are 24mm..
T-Drifts I believe, are made of a hard rubber compound (correct me if I'm wrong), and the Driftechs are very hard plastic.

What makes them drift is so good is the near perfect slip:grip ratio they have.
We drifters like lotssss of slip, but we also like enough grip to keep out cars in control, and to exit a drift (and to make transitions between the drifts).

I think there are a couple of sets of drift tires available in the "Sell your stuff" section of the forum. Open up the home page and find the sell your stuff section somewhere a little above the bottom.

Oh..And once you decide you like drifting, you can buy hop ups/upgrades...A solid axle/LSD/Spool is what you should get for the rear, and a Center one way or a front one way would also help you out.

Hope I helped very happy

AdBull.

Yeah you're right about hard rubber compound of the T-drifts.. I google'd it :p
My dad used to race RC as well and he told me I needed hard tires..
I think I have a few hard tires that I'll try first. Parts can be expensive, you know wink

And I think I'll like drifting but I'll have a lot of practising to do I guess. It doesn't look easy...
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-01-05
Location : Waregem, Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:36 pm

paul@play wrote:
Welcome Pieter!

enjoy your time on dubdrift and make a plan to get down to one of the sessions!

Thanks,

but I think It'll be hard to come to any meetings.. Belgium isn't really near Dubai, you know what I mean wink
You guys go on international meetings? I don't think drifting is something done around here..

grtz
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
avatar

Posts : 1054
Join date : 2009-10-07
Location : Mirdiff

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Drift tires..Last MUCH longer than racing tires..Just so you know. If you drift only on Saturdays..They might last....7 months? (Driftechs).

Racing tires will wear out quick if you're drifting with them, and they won't give you much dorifto, you'll see what I mean as soon as you pull the trigger and turn the wheel...

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-01-05
Location : Waregem, Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Abdul Basit wrote:
Drift tires..Last MUCH longer than racing tires..Just so you know. If you drift only on Saturdays..They might last....7 months? (Driftechs).

Racing tires will wear out quick if you're drifting with them, and they won't give you much dorifto, you'll see what I mean as soon as you pull the trigger and turn the wheel...

AdBull.

Yeah you're probably right, 'cause touring aren't made to lose track, are they :p
Alright thanks for the tips.

You know where I can find some nice shells? I see lots of you are driving Tamiya's and mostly I see Tamiyashells here?
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
avatar

Posts : 1054
Join date : 2009-10-07
Location : Mirdiff

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:10 pm

http://www.rcmart.com/

The ultimate place to shop for Remote controlled stuff. I don't think it'd be toooo clever to buy stuff from Hong Kong if you live in Belgium though...

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/
That one is pretty good...It's in the United Kingdom though...

This is one is pretty good too...
http://www.towerhobbies.com/

Cheers!
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-01-05
Location : Waregem, Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Hmm thanks! A lot cheaper than most of the stores here!
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
avatar

Posts : 2517
Join date : 2009-06-08
Location : Al Khan, Sharjah, UAE

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:00 am

pietero555 wrote:

Thanks,

but I think It'll be hard to come to any meetings.. Belgium isn't really near Dubai, you know what I mean wink
You guys go on international meetings? I don't think drifting is something done around here..

grtz

i was actually going to ask you if you were in the UAE but opted not to..

anyway, everybody's welcome here at DubDrift.. Keep us updated with your rides a'ight?

if ever you're coming to Dubai, please bring some chocolates.. very happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
pietero555
Mechanic
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-01-05
Location : Waregem, Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:38 am

laNcELot wrote:
pietero555 wrote:

Thanks,

but I think It'll be hard to come to any meetings.. Belgium isn't really near Dubai, you know what I mean wink
You guys go on international meetings? I don't think drifting is something done around here..

grtz

i was actually going to ask you if you were in the UAE but opted not to..

anyway, everybody's welcome here at DubDrift.. Keep us updated with your rides a'ight?

if ever you're coming to Dubai, please bring some chocolates.. very happy

haha I will very happy
About my car, I've cleaned it, put some soft tires in front and very hards in the back, it had a mini-drift-effect :p but the surface wasn't good as well so...
Maybe I'll invest in some new tires!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Convincing video's   

Back to top Go down
 
Convincing video's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Member Central :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: