DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Vote_lcapProposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Voting_barProposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Vote_lcapProposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Voting_barProposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Empty
PostProposed AutomodEx Race Track

2010FEB09 UPDATE

for EP we get the full technical layout, for GP less twist and more flat-outs, for minis a lot of left and right turns, less straight.

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 20100209automodex

anymore comments guys.. we need to finalize this by today clown

____________________________________________________________________________________
2010FEB07 UPDATE

This is to inform you that Automodex have decided to remove the OFF-ROAD Track categories for the following reasons:

•Only 5 participants registered on line for 2 weeks campaign
•Off Road Track is really hard to set-up

Thus, we will go back to the original track layout.

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 20100207automodex

made some changes to meet the standards clown

____________________________________________________________________________________
2010JAN25 UPDATE

we were ask to divide the track in two to give way for the off-road track. so now we have 20X30 meters for each, on-road and off-road. ive already done some few sketches for the onroad track but im afraid the track width stays at 3.5m.

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 20100125automodex

2009DEC07 UPDATE

revised layout based on drivers comments..

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Automodexmodel

After a week of planning we’re finally done with the proposed layout for touring, drifting and drag
racing which we will be using for the comming automodex event.

FULL SIZE
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 4 Automodexmodel

Your comments and suggestions are welcomed. Feel free to offer any comments you may have about the layout. Suggestions on which materials to use. As of now i think this wont be a permanent one so its gonna be stored and be used for future events.

clown

Last edited by altimeters on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:26 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : pit entry edited)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Share this post on: reddit

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track :: Comments

strawb
Re: Proposed AutomodEx Race Track
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:48 am by strawb
i know i registered in 3 events 2-3 months back ....... is my name there? ...... i dont mind helping out in the committee as well .....
J.Drift
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:15 pm by J.Drift
is it possible to post all the name of registered participant & his entry ? so that we will know who need wake up bounce
paul
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:05 pm by paul
I think the problem may be bigger than just getting the forum members registered....

just a question here - how is automodex being promoted? is it just the website??? i cant say i have seen any other communication out there.....

We should have posters and flyers in all the hobby stores to try and reach out to more people.....and get more entries......

Also probablty worth speaking to the guys organising - to send an email out to those people who have entered and confirm there entry....people at the moment dont know if their entry was succesful!!!

Also on the survey on the home page we have 61 vote for entries into classes - taking the 10 votes away for offroad and drag classes the leaves 51 votes - technically we should have 51 entries so far.......why isnt everyone registered????

Last edited by paul@play on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
paul
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:20 pm by paul
chardiboi wrote:

And if they can provide a 2m x 2m area there, and dump a bunch rocks to it,. . . i'd be more than happy to show crawling demos with paul smile

smile

richard

from what i remember from the autodrome facility, most of the embankments around the track and pit area are filled with rough cut stone perfect for crawling, if we have one of these areas nearby the track it would be quite easy to set something up....just move a few rocks around to make it a little more challenging...
sideslider
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:59 pm by sideslider
paul@play wrote:
I think the problem may be bigger than just getting the forum members registered....

just a question here - how is automodex being promoted? is it just the website??? i cant say i have seen any other communication out there.....

We should have posters and flyers in all the hobby stores to try and reach out to more people.....and get more entries......

Also probablty worth speaking to the guys organising - to send an email out to those people who have entered and confirm there entry....people at the moment dont know if their entry was succesful!!!

Also on the survey on the home page we have 61 vote for entries into classes - taking the 10 votes away for offroad and drag classes the leaves 51 votes - technically we should have 51 entries so far.......why isnt everyone registered????

i have registered for Mini, GT stock, and drift....i was one of the offroader entrants.... :pale: sad
cathurga
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:10 pm by cathurga
Paul,

Not enough promotion was done, but I am trying to help them get more done. I guess they were expecting a closed fraternity of RC'ers to sign up.

I am revising the classes with their team, and will request a registration package (email) be sent to everyone in order to impart the NEW information, and let everyone know that the off-road is cancelled.

There may be 51 entries, but bear in mind some people are entering 3 events....so as of now, I have about 23 persons entered. I need this info soon in able to prepare the racing schedule and send out a program.

We will stop registration about a week before the event, and the final revision of the program will be issued/updated as the event gets nearer.

Importantly, entrants will be required to attend EVERY drivers briefing, everyone needs to know where they need to be, and when.

We will keep you all updated.....(Eric and Jay will actually very happy )
sideslider
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:24 pm by sideslider
lemme know what i can do guys, i want this to happen as much as the next RC'er, willing to help out.....
paul
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:29 pm by paul
cathurga wrote:
Paul,

We will stop registration about a week before the event, and the final revision of the program will be issued/updated as the event gets nearer.

Thanks for the update Andy, just as i thought not enough marketing not just for the RC bit but for the actual Automodex bit, i have spoken to a couple of guys in the motor/tuning & motorsport industry and no one has heard about it....what to do...

When you set up the program, i would suggest setting a couple of extra sessions (1 per class maybe) with no names - for late registations or people wanting to register on the day - just so we have the provision for additional racers (i dont think we can afford to turn people away at this point).... and if we dont have any extra entries on the day, then we just dont run that race....it will only be 5 mins lost per race!
mister-e
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:34 pm by mister-e
Please publish the registration result!

My remark on GP layout: no less twist is needed. Same layout as the EP is fine.

If the track will be based on speed only, the guy with the most expensive engine will likely to be the winner!!!
Jay
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:44 pm by Jay
ok then mister-e, lets just use the same layout with the GP and EP. i just thought at first that nitro guys are in hunger of straights just like how its done at al-ain track.

@Andy ok so ill be adding a gp-onroad and GP off-road on the site categories.
cathurga
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:46 pm by cathurga
Mister-e, it wont be published for now, but in the coming days, all registered entries will be mailed with an update/info.

With regards to the track, the EP one still has some twists and turns, but I am all for trying to keep the layout the same for ALL classes. I know this messes up Jay and Erics design, but from a time perspective, we will not have enough to make changes.

One challenge I am facing is getting all the classes to run enough heats in a single evening...
mister-e
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:13 pm by mister-e
Overthere, we don't have other choice than to follow the existing layout wink

Important difference between EP and GP is the track size.
Because of its speed and radius (nitro instead of battery), GP is able to cover more distance within the same time limit.

A regular EP track is between 200 and 250 m in length.
GP track is between 250 and 300 m in length.

I would say for the EP, exclude the left hump below on the straight.

BTW, what is the total length of the current layout?
Jay
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:56 pm by Jay
@mister-e i thought the al ain track was purposely built for the GP cars hehe

anyway the exact total length of the current EP layout is 215m and 145m for the MINIs. thats the best we can do for the given area, unless we eliminate the drift area.

so knowing the length of the track, do you think we still need to exclude the left hump at the end of the straight for the EPs?
paul
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:43 pm by paul
to be honest i reckon we should just stick to what we have and keep the EP circuit for all events....with possibly only the mini running a different circuit...

anyway i think the circuit is the least of our worries, we need to get people to the event first! :suspect:
tractorboy
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:55 pm by tractorboy
As with a lot of things im sure a lot of people will be leaving this till the last min for registration. Like myself i had not registered, simply because im still not 100% sure what class to race in, although i am now down as a provisional driver in each class.

Im sure if there were a few posters in some of the hobby stores then there would be a bigger response. This prob would have worked for the off road entires and the nitro entries as these sales seem to dominate the hobby shops here.
mister-e
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:25 pm by mister-e
Then just leave the track as it is.
The length is fine for EP, perfect.
I thought it was longer.
Only the runtime should be 5 min. instead of 4 minutes for each run.

Then put flyers at all the hobbyshops in the UAE.
Amongst others the Hobby Centers is Dubai, Al Ain and Abu Dhabi.
Post  by Sponsored content

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track

Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4