DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Vote_lcapGOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Voting_barGOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Jay
GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Vote_lcapGOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Voting_barGOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

GOOD NEWS: ProRC

Go down 
+16
Samaj
LaNcE
Duane
gerg
jovenshadow
paul
sandrock_22
Abdul Basit
Noscire4
jebjeb
mc drift
caloyski
Jay
Bandit
J.Drift
chardiboi
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jay
Administrator
Jay

GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:35 pm

I might pass by the track with my mini today sam.. I'm sure there will be someone there later today.. I hope very happy

Anyone else keen on a little bit of mini action?!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:37 pm

I will be bringing my mini as well. The TB Evo is mysteriously missing a servo from the last time i drove it a year ago..... scratch
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:41 am

First day at this track. LOVED the facility....! Great track.....seemd large for the Mini & slightily small for the Tourers.

Drivers stand gave a good clean view of the entire track.
Flood lights are currently above the drivers stand only. Additinal 2 on either 2 far corners will be great.
Inside PIT area is very good.
Wish they had some provision outisde next to the drivers stand as well.

All in all an excellent facaility indeed in the heart of the city.

BTW u need to go through the WOnderland main gate. But if u tell they u want togoto RC Pro. U can get in free from the extreme left gate.

Big propos to owners of RacePr on setting this up...!

Now all we need is to set up a weekly race night. Iám in for any weekday evening at 7pm for 1-2 hours.
Back to top Go down
jamea
Mechanic
jamea

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:07 pm

quick search and found 2 clips on youtube for the track

the track is looking really good,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X8ENgtb_9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EUVMSju_FE&feature=share

Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Has anybody thought about what classes we're going to run?
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Everytime I see a proRC track video makes me wanna get a proper touring kit very happy
TFS Jamea!

Anyone wants to set-up a mayhem race sched.. after work maybe.. hmm
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:45 pm

I am up for it . Lets vote for one week day. 7-9 pm.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:36 pm

I'd go with Wednesday..

And I hope classes/categories can be established soon so we can start on the set-up and practice.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Was there earlier..

GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 306556_361811947203229_147128848671541_1114370_1252940176_n
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 pm

LaNcE wrote:

And I hope classes/categories can be established soon so we can start on the set-up and practice.

The only class that I think is decided is touring car 10.5t
There is a number of guys who have setup for this class, and I am planning to upgrade my electronics as well.

Be warned, the cars I have seen for this class have been very fast, and they are good drivers too. You will need a good touring car and skills to keep up. I'm sure it will take some work on my part to be competitive and with spare parts for my touring car being a scarce, I hope I don't break anything major.

Of course this does not mean you guys can't make your own class for Wed nights or whatever. Just putting it out there what some others are doing.

For mini's I'd suggest either the sport tuned or even the 13t hobbywing would work well.
Back to top Go down
mister-e
Test Driver
mister-e

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Quote :
Any classes announced yet?

Really keen on doing some racing..

Guys, just show up.
Then track owner will see that there are other classes as well in Dubai/UAE besides the 10.5T brushless touring car!

If they don't know, nothing will happen.
Besides mini's, what about:
- pan cars, 1/10 and 1/12?
- F1?
- Etc.

As long as it is a win - win, I think they are willing to accommodate the different classes and related schedules.

Looking forward to see you there. The more the merrier! clapping
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Although there is little likelihood of me getting to the track, my suggestion will always be to have an open class, a spec (or at least a SET) class and a beginner (silver can or ST). Once there is enough interest, then look at others. I would imagine that their best bet to attract crowds is to have a mini class! Only because it is simple, affordable and often the most fun!

It is entirely up to them though, as they will try to convince you to buy there products so they can fund the facility. Hopefully it doesn't go around to 'he with the deepest pockets, wins' ...because that is the antithesis of fun.
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:43 pm

I agree . But why don't u want to come to the track ?
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Sam, time mainly. I finish work late on weekdays, and the weekends have to occupy ALL my hobbies, helis, Alfa's, guitar and my girlfriend smile

I hope these guys get the balance right with this track, and I hope you are supportive as best you can be
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Hmmm such is life. I actually got back into the hobby after 1.5 years. Just because of this new track. It beats racing in a parking lot.
Back to top Go down
mister-e
Test Driver
mister-e

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi Cathurga,

How is life?
Running there, it's almost like playing with helis, cleaning wise wink
Track is pre-blown and sugar watered, so no dust after running your car.

I understand and agree on what you are saying.
Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world.

As far as I know, until now, only the touring guys are showing up.
From the point of view of the track owner, there is no interest in other classes (yet).
Therefore other classes should be represented as well => by showing up.

Buying their products?
No need. Only the generic parts like body shell, paint, battery, wheels, etc. If you want.
Their prices are OK. In many things they're even cheaper than buying from internet AND no waiting time, shipping cost nor import tax needs to be paid.
Back to top Go down
jamea
Mechanic
jamea

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:16 am

Ok
I visited the track last friday and met a great group of poeple, some came all the way from Abu Dhabi like myself, the track is smooth clean and in excelent condition, layout is great, the traction is very high due to the maintenance the guys doing, even between the runs you see them cleaning it out just to keep any sand or dust away.
I ran my Tamyia TB03 which handled realy good, it is powered with a 13t yeah racing brushles system, top speed dosent come close to what the most of the guys running there, but in the technical part of the turns I could easily keep up with them, (some were realy realy fast with their mods motors).
just like mentioned in the other posts, the popular class at the moment is a 10.5t motors, but as per the guys managing the track any class can be created once they start racing, they have amb lab system i think..
if you havent been there already and have a tourer, just stop by and have a look.
I am already working on setting up an other car with 10.5 motor but will still run my tb03 there.
Back to top Go down
mister-e
Test Driver
mister-e

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi Jamea,

Good to see you again.
I'll use my T1 FK04 then to run with your TB03 in the vintage class wink

13T brushless sensorless?
I'll bolt it on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS: ProRC   GOOD NEWS: ProRC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS: ProRC
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3