DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Vote_lcap***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Voting_bar***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Vote_rcap 
Jay
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Vote_lcap***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Voting_bar***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

***The Poor Man's Berg Build***

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Empty
PostSubject: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:53 am

***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** 100_3596
- T1e Stage chassis and T1e rear lower links
- Turbofest Front lower links
- Titanium Upper links

***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** 100_3597
- HR axles, front with the jeep86 steering mod
- JR 8711 servo
- VP Zero Ackerman Knuckles
- Integy V11 35t's
- Super 300 CVD's front
- RC Axlemasters Rear
- Rear axles clocked 20 deg

***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** 100_3599

to be continued. . . .

scratch
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Titanium Upper links - $8 each without rodends
JR 8711 servo - $150
VP Zero Ackerman Knuckles - $35
Super 300 CVD's front - $180
RC Axlemasters Rear - $100

these parts are definitely "NOT" the "poor man's specs" .... except for the VP knuckles ..... i cant even afford to get the super 300 CVD's and axle masters mounted in my berg!!!!

very happy very happy very happy

nice build!!!!!

keep em coming chard!!! very happy
Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:39 pm

i can't afford it either. . . . . just got lucky someone let it go for a trade. . . 2thumbsup

they're all 2nd hand btw. . . .very happy

Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:09 pm

very very lucky!!!!! very happy

get it built .... we go out crawling this friday!!!!!!

what help can i offer?????
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 2:55 am

does anyone know where to buy a CF plate? maybe just A4 size 2.5 or 3mm. . . . .

thinking of doing my own mockbuggy out of CF

***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Moonbuggy
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 3:10 am

Getting hold of CF is one thing....cutting it is another......that stuff is so abrasive, jigsaw blades and drill bits dont last long munching through it...
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 3:13 am

ah. . . . didn't know of that. . . . might as well just buy the cab very happy

was just letting out the McGyver in me very happy

CNC maybe?
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:17 pm

pics of the built t1e please very happy
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:08 am

Update!. . . . . . .

Managed to finish setting up electronics. .
- Mamba max
- Punk Dig 3D
- Castle BEC

weight is around 6+ lbs. with batts, a bit heavy due to the MSD wheels. . .. . thinking of SLW's scratch
not the best wiring in the world due to small space in the chassis with the large ESC footprint and dig switch, but it's working. .. . and ready to be SCARRED.

***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Side03
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Top
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Back
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Side-1
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Balance
***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Side02

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:28 am

I like it! 2thumbsup

Now strawb will have some competition on the rocks!
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:19 am

nice ..... gunnar body mounts!!!! .... the rig is looking bad ass!!!!! .... nice ride height .... i'm guessing 3" infront and 3 1/2" in the back of the skid plate .... perfect break over set-up .... center of balance is just right with a slight forward bias ....

although 6lbs + is a bit heavy (remember dindo's berg???) ..... try to drop the weight down to 5.5 lbs and have a tunable weight option such as VP Pro DH's or Knuckle weights to increase the rig up to 6lbs which is ....(from what i've crawled with) .... the sweet spot weight for the al ain mountains .....

if you go to creek park .... i feel 5.5 lbs would be the nice comfort zone as the rocks there a bit more slippery ....

@paul ...... winter has come and gone buddy ..... your LOSI was built to get scratched up very happy .... its sitting cozy with the wild cat huh????? .... i believe richard is coming up this friday ..... come and join us ..... i'll let you use my berg!!!! very happy

NOTE: ... the beauty of COMP CRAWLING is that ..... we're not out there competing with each other ..... we're competing with the A$$ who set-up those impossible break overs .... side hills and gates ... very happy
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:25 am

@chard ..... nice delrin front lowers ..... those are the new updated crawler innovation front lowers ..... sweeeeeeeet ...... notice the upright bend after it goes down ..... cool!!!! very happy
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:01 pm

@paul. . . .tnx man. . . . .hope to crawl with you someday. . .. very happy
btw i have an extra set of HR axles with upgraded Axial shafts and HD gearsets, they're brand spanking new, never ran. . . . Vanquish Incision chassis. . . . 2 integy V11 35t's, punk dig, and a rooster ESC, plus a proline bug body. . . and some delrin links. .. . planning to let it go. ...let me know if you wanna build an MOA. . . .
i could really use some funds very happy

@ strawb, thanks. . .. hope my visa for Al-ain gets approved by today. . .

Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:42 pm

strawb wrote:

@paul ...... winter has come and gone buddy ..... your LOSI was built to get scratched up very happy .... its sitting cozy with the wild cat huh????? .... i believe richard is coming up this friday ..... come and join us ..... i'll let you use my berg!!!! very happy

@ Strawb, I know i know i've been bad sad ....honstly i have loads of stuff sitting on the shelf at the moment.....just not finding the time to play..... i actually really need to do a clearance sale and get rid of the stuff i'm not using anymore......

chardiboi wrote:
@paul. . . .tnx man. . . . .hope to crawl with you someday. . .. very happy
btw i have an extra set of HR axles with upgraded Axial shafts and HD gearsets, they're brand spanking new, never ran. . . . Vanquish Incision chassis. . . . 2 integy V11 35t's, punk dig, and a rooster ESC, plus a proline bug body. . . and some delrin links. .. . planning to let it go. ...let me know if you wanna build an MOA. . . .
i could really use some funds very happy

@ richard, thats does sound tempting i really wouldnt mind building a MOA rig, but then that would just be 2 cralwers sitting on the shelf doing nothing..... wacko

Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:57 pm

no worries paul. . . . just let me know thumbs_up
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:16 pm

@paul ...... will you believe me if is say it was as addicting as i say it was ..... all you need to do is hit the rocks ..... enjoy the gates we'll lay out for you .... im sure i'll be seeing you more often on weekends!!!!! very happy

you gotta get that LOSI's spur gear chipped very happy
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:17 pm

@chard ...... are you running weights in the internals of your wheels???
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:21 pm

yup. only in the front. . . . you see those rings in the front wheels? there's like 3 of them inside. . . planning to take 2 maybe and just leave one. . . . let's see thumbs_up
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:32 pm

try running the rig lighter with anti squat in the rear uppers ..... just so it pushes the rig forwar down when throttling ....

get your visa ready ..... lets crawl tomorrow very happy
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:50 pm

***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Picture009-1
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:30 pm

how high is your belly clearance???? front and rear skid????

whats the weight on it now????

and sipe those boss claws puhleazzzzzzz!!!! very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***The Poor Man's Berg Build***   ***The Poor Man's Berg Build*** Empty

Back to top Go down

***The Poor Man's Berg Build***
Page 1 of 1