DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Projects, some old, some new Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Projects, some old, some new Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Projects, some old, some new Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Projects, some old, some new Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Projects, some old, some new Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Projects, some old, some new Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Projects, some old, some new Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Projects, some old, some new Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Projects, some old, some new Vote_lcapProjects, some old, some new Voting_barProjects, some old, some new Vote_rcap 
Jay
Projects, some old, some new Vote_lcapProjects, some old, some new Voting_barProjects, some old, some new Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Projects, some old, some new

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Duane
Chase Driver

Projects, some old, some new Empty
PostSubject: Projects, some old, some new   Projects, some old, some new EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Hi,
My Scale Pajero is broken, but before fixing it I have started two quick new projects -

1) M07
I have finally joined an FWD M03 to a RWD M04 to create an M07 !
This is very easy to do, especially if you follow the 'Goblin' template from tamiya club

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=3279&id=418

Not sure what I will do with the M07, could be any one of -

4wd rally car
Mini monster truck
4wd touring mini
Mini drifter

Or it could end up being the basis for project 2 which is ...

2) A street scorcher
I bought a scorcher body set when they were first reissued, I didnt have a plan for it but thought it looked nice and probably wouldnt be available for very long.

I was originally going to put it on a DF03, but then I saw some street scorchers on tamiya club.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=67605&id=2958

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=54803&id=2958

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=90922&id=9490

A TA03RS would be a really cool chassis for this car, but right now I have test fitted the car on an M04 with TL01 arms in the rear and HPI vintage rims (4mm offset in the rear) and the fit is perfect.

I will go this way for now, but I cant help feeling that a street scorcher needs something a bit more special than an M04 under it. In the long term I might convert my TA03F into a TA03RS or I put the scorcher on the M07 or an interesting project might be to shorten my F103GT if noone wants to buy it, I quite like the idea of the old school scorcher sitting on the RWD, rear motor FRP chassis.

Anyone else for an M07 or a street scorcher ?

Duane.

Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Projects, some old, some new   Projects, some old, some new EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:45 am

Duane,

I like the look of those street scorchers! Very cool! What is the wheelbase on a sand scorcher, is it the same as most tourer chassis 257mm?

The mo7 idea is also cool, a mini drifter or rally could be sweet
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Projects, some old, some new   Projects, some old, some new EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi Paul,
Cant tell you the wheelbase right now, but its shorter than a standard buggy or touring car. It fits my m03s and M04s, its the same wheelbase as that blue and white beetle I usually turn up with which is an M03M, it also fits my M04 with one of the kit spacers fitted.

I really think a shortened F103GT would make a cool chassis but thats a project for later in the year, in the very short term its going on the M04 which I have fitted with TL01 arms in the rear and HPI Vintage tyres all around.

Tamiya could make a killing by releasing an M06 chassis with a Street Scorcher body included, they have already built the chassis, now all they need is to come up with a reason for people to buy it, are you listening Mr T ?

Duane.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Projects, some old, some new   Projects, some old, some new Empty

Back to top Go down

Projects, some old, some new
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: EP General Forums :: EP Touring :: General Discussion-
Jump to: