DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Vote_lcapSolar Light Cap - Useful tool Voting_barSolar Light Cap - Useful tool Vote_rcap 
Jay
Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Vote_lcapSolar Light Cap - Useful tool Voting_barSolar Light Cap - Useful tool Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Solar Light Cap - Useful tool

Go down 
+3
Duane
jebjeb
cathurga
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Empty
PostSubject: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Hey guys,

I have a friend who is distributing these things locally through Yellow Hat and a number of different locations in the UAE. I have one and it is VERY cool and VERY useful.
It is a cap that has two LED's built into it and uses solar power to charge. The lights can be dimmed to conserve energy and you can get about 6 hours of light out of them on one charge.
If you are RC-ing at night, or even tinkering on the cars in low light they are really helpful. They also have SOS/flashing modes so if you are on a bike or walking on the side of the road, people can see you.

Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Solar-light-cap

They come in a whole range of different styles and colours, and if anyone is interested in getting one, please feel free to let me know and I can try a group buy? I think they retail for about AED149 but we might get a discount on numbers.

Drop me a PM if interested...
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:59 pm

looks interesting... hmmm

we need numbers and maybe we can have discount!
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Looks a bit 'Joe 90' to me.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:46 pm

I had to google that...

They are really cool, I usually work on the Alfa in the evenings and it really helps, the head-lamp thingies are cool but not as comfortable to wear, use batteries really quick and are not always 'on-hand'

You gonna build your own one? smile
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:07 pm

better use them under the sun..

charges the batts while you use 'em.. laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Whoever thought the irish inventionof the solar powered torch would work.....but it does....and well too!
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:09 am

Hey guys,

I know I had some interested parties at one stage, but it was never followed up. We have them in a number of retail outlets, so if you are interested, I can arrange for a group buy discount for you.

There are a number of new styles available too, including camo street-cap style. They are really useful and I 'test-drove' one in Botswana.....believe me, going for a pee in the middle of the night with wild animals around you, you need a decent light to see the eye reflections in the dark shocked
..or to find your beer, or to simply tunr the meat on the BBQ, hands-free smile
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:13 pm

I'd probably put my hand up for one.

Good for camping and should get a least a novelty laugh out of it.

How much are they usually?
Back to top Go down
caloyski
caloyski

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:53 pm

group buy??? count me in.
Back to top Go down
http://caloyski76.multiply.com
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 2:08 am

Retail Price is about AED149, dependant on style/type. I will arrange a decent discount for 5 or more....look at around AED100...or in beer terms....3 or 4 pints in the local these days...
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 2:03 pm

im still in for one of these smile
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:24 pm

Ok, I have four interested, at that qty I will get them for AED115.

If you want to know the styles, send a mail to me at sirandyv(at)gmail(dot)com
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:57 pm

If you guys are still interested, cobone have got a good deal on these
http://www.cobone.com/deals/dubai-fashion/solar-light-caps/4171
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solar Light Cap - Useful tool   Solar Light Cap - Useful tool Empty

Back to top Go down

Solar Light Cap - Useful tool
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: Off-Topic Discussion :: Totally Unrelated-
Jump to: