Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
by rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
by Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
by cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
by pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
by kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
by king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
by Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
by kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift

Jay

LaNcE

jebjeb

cathurga

Bandit

strawb

paul

chardiboi

.j0sh

Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES***

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com

Post***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES***

Hey Guys

Was talking with Ian and think it would be good to start setting up some events for early next year, the weather is great now and we need to take advantage.

What would be great is if we could setup one saturday each month (possibly the last saturday of every month) for an event of sorts - wether it be touring, minis or enduro. This way we can keep the race energy alive and all have regular races to look forward too! The key here will be to keep it fun and get people involved!

Suggestions and race formats for these events would be greatly appreciated.

Due to the great success of the Great Mini enduro i suggest we kick start the year with:

" MINI ENDURO! - 12 FEB"

Looking to keep the format the same as before just minus the break in the middle and reducing the overall time to 60 minutes.

To give guys time to get back from holidays and get their cars race prepped, I suggest we look to do it on the...........

We can then follow up the enduro with a Touring race of sorts in February!

RULES FOR "THE NEW YEAR MINI ENDURO" - 12 FEB

• Meet at 14h00 for setup and scrutineering and entry. Latecomers will be penalised for letting other people do all the setup and preparation alone
  • Racing starts at 15h00 SHARP!
  • Teams of 2, with each team having one car in the race, and as many spare cars available as you want.
  • The person NOT driving MUST do marshalling duty
  • 60 min Race Duration
  • 2 COMPULSORY pitstops of minimum 30 secs each - Battery change compulsory (so there is no advantage for people running higher mAh packs)
  • Pitstops will be recorded.
  • Backup cars will ONLY be allowed on the track if the previous car CANNOT PHYSICALLY DRIVE. This is not a relay race.
  • Backup cars will remain with race officials until requested, it must be replaced by the disabled car.
  • No works will be permitted on cars, while a team car is on the track. You either chose to repair the broken car, or replace it.
  • It is the TEAMS responsibility to ensure that ONLY ONE TRANSPONDER IS USED PER TEAM. It s your responsibility to ensure that it is changed to the new car if a replacement is made.

DRIVERS LIST

1. Paul
2. Andy
3. Ian
4. Greg
5. Gaston
7. Mister-E

Last edited by paul on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:51 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** :: Comments

Re: ***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES***
Post on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:56 pm by cathurga
It is REALLY sad that we only have 7 entries....

In the heyday we could easily get 10 people on a day....

I suppost this is exactly why RC will go nowhere....simply not enough interest.

Anyway, bad news over....now for the good news.

Everyone that is coming down has to bring a broom....we will be having a sweeping parade before the traction compound goes on, and we will be traction rolling ourselves to bits. I agree that we run the format suggested last week.
2 x 15 minute heats

20 minute final.

Since I had the BBQ in the back of the truck last week, it might be wise to light some coals and throw a few snags on there as the final starts...20 mins later....bingo! hot dogs....

Also, since the mini racing total time will be 50 mins, I am sure we could easily squeeze in a few short GT heats....we all have our cars from last week, mostly the same people....WHY NOT!

Post on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:13 pm by jebjeb
IM in! smile but hopefully the in-laws does not have any agenda on that day so Ian can play or as paul suggests, throw them in the mall smile hahahaha
Post on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:56 pm by gerg
cathurga wrote:

Also, since the mini racing total time will be 50 mins, I am sure we could easily squeeze in a few short GT heats....we all have our cars from last week, mostly the same people....WHY NOT!

Cool...... I do enjoy racing the touring car! We rarely run them together so last weekend was great.

Regular meetings will make for regular entries!
Maybe we should make a schedule. Say first and third saturday of each month (or something similar) and see how it goes.
Post on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:24 pm by cathurga
Greg,

I have to admit, the touring cars are a hell of a lot of fun to run, and even the FF03's, which are little more of a challenge to drive, were good fun.
Apart from a few crashes and retirements last week, it was fairly close exciting racing. Maybe the heats should be 5 mins and not 6, so that we can charge up quicker. (either that or some folks *cough* mister-e *cough* ian *cough* should get a few more packs)
Post on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:26 pm by cathurga
Ian, you would be amazed at how much time you could occupy folks by dumping them at Souq Al Bahar, and then tell them to meet you at the entrance to the Dubai Mall in 3-4hours....job done!
Post on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:39 pm by paul
gerg wrote:

Regular meetings will make for regular entries!
Maybe we should make a schedule. Say first and third saturday of each month (or something similar) and see how it goes.

Greg,

Thats exactly what i was going for with this thread (besides for setting up the enduro), in the first post i suggested setting up the last saturday of every month for a race day....but had zero responses/ suggestions to that......

anyway it would be great to get 2 race days or even just 1 setup every month then everyone has something to work towards each month....we dont need massive numbers of guys to race, if we can get 7-8 people to commit to regular race days the we can have some great racing, and if we get more entries it will just be a bonus.....
Post on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:36 pm by gerg
OK, Well lets do it then.

I suggest one formal race day a month, and another optional day for those who are keen. That way there is less pressure for Andy to turn up every two weeks, but we keep the meeting regular enough to hold peoples interest.

Once a month just seems too little to me.

I suggested first and third of the month because if you take the last Saturday each month, then want to add another it gets a little confusing since some months will have 5 Saturdays!
Post on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:51 pm by cathurga
I am keen to do 1st and third week, but then we should base it on either mini and touring on both days. 3 heats and a final for each class. That way get some interest in two classes, if there is no interest in one, the other continues. Minimum entries of 5 per class, if not enough we scrap that class for that week.
Post on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:19 pm by mister-e
Count me in definitely for the touring.

Other suggestion:
How about Al Ain at least once in a month as venue?
Driving in a dedicated circuit where you can feel the changes when tuning your car 2thumbsup
Post on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:42 pm by gerg
mister-e wrote:
Count me in definitely for the touring.

Other suggestion:
How about Al Ain at least once in a month as venue?
Driving in a dedicated circuit where you can feel the changes when tuning your car 2thumbsup

I've only been to Al Ain once, and it was very windy that day and track was slippery. But I'm well over due for another visit.
I don't know that I would make it every month though, it's a long way to go and pretty much takes up the whole day, and probably requires me to get out of bed before 10:00 shocked
Post on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:09 am by mister-e
lol!

Waking up before 10:00!!!

Because of this hobby, I'm awake a lot earlier during weekends comparing to normal working days, even though that I'm allergic to waking up in the morning.

Yes, it's a long way, however, it's worth it!
And you don't drive alone. Car pooling. Before you know it, you're there.

Most of the time, I have the luxury to go there for the 1st half of the day.
The second half of the day is for the fam.
Thus, all of the frequent visitors of Al Ain track arrive there between 8 - 10 AM.
Post on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:35 am by LaNcE
Hi guys..

Sorry I cannot make it tomorrow for the Enduro. Enjoy yourselves guys..

Post on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:52 am by paul
Race day is here see you all 14h00 very happy
Post on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:58 pm by cathurga
...bring a broom....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: News & Events :: Event Sessions-
Jump to: