Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
by rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
by Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
by cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
by pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
by kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
by king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
by Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
by kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift

Jay

LaNcE

jebjeb

cathurga

Bandit

strawb

paul

chardiboi

.j0sh

Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Your Projects

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Your Projects   Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi,
I once read an article by a static car builder saying that if he took two weeks to build each kit that he owns he would need hundred years to complete all of his kits and while he doesnt expect to live another 100 years hes still buying kits with the intention of building them.

I suffer from the same problem, I have one unbuilt car, four unpainted shells, a couple of m-chassis and sport tuned motors that need to go together, a recently stripped and trimmed pajero that will one day be a scaler and so on not to mention the unfinished slot cars I haven't even looked at in a year.

So this is a kind of a name and shame thread - outline one of your more long standing projects and then having announced it to the world get on and do it and let us all know when its done.

f you want to name a couple of projects and try and finish them all over the holidays go ahead.

My project is 'the secret scaler' its a Pajero I have had for 2 years. Its been built and run but I hated the first paint job so have stripped it down, cut and dremelled the body and I am slowly rebuilding as a 1.9 scaler.

Pictures when its finished.

Over to you
Duane
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:07 am

Hahahah i knew someone would start this kinda thread.

Here goes. Currently own 14 RC cars.
Projects that have started...............of sorts

1- Mutant Mini based on a FF02 chassis, big power , mini shell.
2- Brushless conversion of my old faithfull HPI 1/10 RS4MT to use the Mamba 5700 motor.
3- Converting my old Madforce 1/8 truck for sand dunes.
4- Tamiya Lunchbox bought it ^ new ran it. Probably put a lil fatser motor for wheels action.
5- Want to get a the Venoz 1/8 RC brushless bike.
6- Build the new Tamiya Extreme blackfoot. Which is sitting around for a year.
7- Challange the new FF03 with my FF02 project.
8- Bring my old Tamiya Hilux to life. Have enough spares to buid a second one.
9- Paint & install a 1/8 truck body on my Inferno VE buggy.

1:1 project 92 CW Corrado Vr6 manual. To what .????????? no decided. Sometime i want to sell her & then i see myself surfying the net for new wheels for her.

All os these are gong on in my head AT THE SAME TIME>.!!!! wacko
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:59 am

Here goes:

1-Baja 5T Super Scale trophy truck build, complete with roll cage, light set, secured belted rear tire.
2-Traxxas Slash 4x4 mini trophy truck project
3-DF-03 to RA conversion to start some rally madness at meydan
4-TA-05 verII race tuned and set up (still havent finished setting up)
5-King Of Shaves C1 Catameran 1:5 scale conversion to brushless, im tired of swimming when it cuts out 100meters of shore.
6-Sand Scorhcer to be pained and equiped with seervo and radioset
7-RC4WD Gelande Defender 90 "dads replica" to br detsiled with all its extra bits for the shell.
8-Truggy to be matched to a proper bump starter
9-Soon to take on the proboat miss geico brushless.....god help me

And Finally the 1:1 scale baja landcruiser project
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:37 pm

I am not going to start on the RC, ok well maybe a bit...

1st Project is to thin down my collection. I have already ebay-ed about 8 cars that were either NIB or project. I have about another 6 to go.

I have 3 planes and 2 heli's. 1 plane is in the box, all the others are flyable. I will keep all of them as they are simply good fun.

Main projects are the 1:1 Alfa and being kind to my pickup , which is in need of some work. Mainly cosmetic.

With the Alfa I have been going over it slowly and have realised that the car is in pretty good condition for it's age. Compared to the guys in Europe, on the main forum for the 155's I have NO rust, NO corroded parts and the damage I have incurred, mainly sun damaged paint and interiror fittings, are replaceable
I have already replaced a wishbone, and will need 4 new shocks which I will fit myself. The engine is still good, and with some new gaskets and adjustments (some minor replacments) I dont see why this cannot be an everyday runner. I will go down this route before turning it into a track car. In all, this will keep me busy for the next year at least!
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:56 pm

Andy gets the idea, he probably has the best project too.

We all have ten or twenty projects that we could do, the idea here is to announce the one that you will do and then finish it. I know from experience that twenty simultaneous projects take much more than 20 times longer to complete.

Anyone else going to pick something to finish and commit to it here ?

Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:41 pm

I have a few projects on the go, but i'm not gonna bother listing them all........

this is the project i have decided to pick as my build that I'm committing to!

I found this shell on Kamtec's site (for those who dont know its a Bowler Wildcat) and have been going back and forth to site over the last year or so with my finger hovering over the add to cart button.....well finally i clicked and ordered it a few weeks ago....now i'm just waiting for its arrival....hopefully during this week...

i still need to decide what chassis i'm going to use as a base (df03ra, df01, ta-02/ta-01 or a cc01).....i want this to be a more of a scale rally type car rather than a scaler - fun for bashing round on the dirt - any input/suggestions on chassis would be appreciated

this is the build that inspired me to final click that order button! i hope i can get mine looking as good!

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22660

Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:55 pm

well ... this is what i currently have under my sleeves ..... as boring as usual wacko

hopefully it'll arrive this week ....

a set of lightweight bully axles ....

i'm setting up another MOA build although i'm taking my time on this one ..... get all the crazy chit together and set her up in plans of seeing how bullet proof the bully's are ..... tease

Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:11 pm

UPDATE:

I have cut back, blanked off and filled the front bumper on my Pajero, while I had the filler out I filled the arial hole in the roof. I have also cut off the whole rear bumper, but then reattached only the bottom half, this gives me a lot more clearance, but keeps a factory look.

The next jobs in rough order are -

1) fill the underside of the front bumper where it has been cut back
2) Cut back/tidy up the wheel arches
3) Make the front side plate
4) undercoat the body to highlight any areas that need attention before paint
5) Clean up the areas that show up in 4)
6) Paint

For the skid plate I have made a cardboard template and will be looking for a cheap stainless steel serving tray in Carrefour to cut it from.

For the paint I was thinking of the Tamiya military paints they sometimes stock in Hobby Center - Dubai Mall. the colours suit the look of the car and the enviroment it will be run in.

The major challenges I have are the need to also assemble a wooden kitchen and a wooden train set for my kids christmas presents.

Duane.
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:25 am

change of plans ..... another forum member decided to go the MOA route and get the Bully's from me before it even arrived ....

i'm sure he's gonna have a blast bashing the Bully's to kingdom come!!!!! cool

well as for me .....

i got another set of MOA B???'s on the way as i write this down!!!!!

very happy

Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi,
I made some progress on the CC01 Pajero Scale project today.

After this test fit it tidied up the wheel arches, washed the shell and have just sprayed the undercoat.

Duane
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:21 pm

Now that rig just looks the business!!!!! i love it!!!!! my Gelande and your Pajero, i see an outing in the near future!!!

I'd love to see a metal plate on the front lip, just underneath the front bumper for bash protection...

Good luck!!!
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:28 pm

I already have the skid plate sorted, I tried a few variations in cardboard and have settle on a final design I just need to buy a stainless steel tray from Carrefour to cut it from.

Duane.
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:53 am

looks like good progress duane cool
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:47 am

I also have made some progress on my project.

New Falken 205/50R16's on the original rims. I was considering Pirelli P Zero Nero's but could not justify AED600 a tire. They were a lower profile by a little, but I thought the comfort and driveability of a taller tire was better for now, and they were less than half the cost.

My shocks have arrived from Europe, will collect them tomorrow. In preparation this evening, I removed the rear shocks and loosened up the front struts on the hub, and in the upper braces. Tomorrow will put the rears on, unless I can get home earlier, I will do the fronts while there is light. Amazingly there is NO rust under this car, nothing in the wheel arches and rear panels where they are susceptible to it. A very good sign as to how long she will last. I have replaced the front left wishbone last week already.

I needed to top up the power steering fluid the other day, and this evening noticed that their is a leak that looks to be coming from the steering rack but I will have to clean it all up to find out exactly where it is coming from. I am hoping that it is from the resevoir or the inlets, but if not, will have to save my pennies for a new rack sad

The car is fun to drive and the V6 rumble in what looks to be an old mans car rules....I slowed down for a speed camera the other day, and a Dodge Durango was next to me, as soon as we went past the camera, I saw him speeding up so dropped to 3rd and the poor man strglled to keep up, the 155 kept accelerating all the way up to 140km/h in 3rd before he gave up....sucker!
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:36 pm

quick update....

so one month after it was posted my bowler shell finally arrived, thought it was lost somewhere between the UK and here as the tracking number said it had left the UK on the royal mail site and never got any results on the Emirates post site or through the call centre.......and then magically appeared on my desk this morning very happy

gonna have to wait again to get this project started as i'm flying out on holiday tomorrow night for 2 weeks.....will start a build thread when i'm back

Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:43 pm

wow! nice one paul. . . . . . can't wait to see the outcome. . . . 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Alfa project has continued...

Completed:
Fixed the dashboard lights, all working now.
Installed JVC CD player with bluetooth hands free, and installed the mic next to the sunvisor.
Installed KONI springs all round.
Gave it a polish with T-Cut to get some scratches out.

Next on the list:
Remove tappet covers, sandblast, and either paint or powder coat, not sure what colour though so maybe black with red ALFA lettering or red with black lettering...leaning towards red. The intake plenum will be done at the same time
Replace all coolant and treat all the pipes with silicone. Refill cooling system with new coolant and replace thermostat
Paint all brake discs, I have ordered some G2 Caliper which was expensive at AED250, but it is more like an epoxy rather than paint, so will be brighter and will last longer. Once installed, bleed all brakes and flush through new fluid.
With the tappet covers off, adjust exhaust valve clearances.
Oil filter, air filter replace and put new Castrol Edge Sport 10W60 oil.
New Track Rod Ends on their way to me, will fit thos too, easy job.

Later
Clutch
Steering rack recondition.

Much Later

Start getting the interior and paintwork repaired, the roof might get away with a sanding and lacquer replacement.

Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:09 am

Pictures man!!!!! PICTURES if you got the time smile

i also like the castrol stuff, running the exact same oil in my cruiser, should last you 15000-17000 before next change
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Made some progress on my Pagero scaler this weekend. I have removed all of the chrome and have base coated everything with grey primer. It looks nice in the primer with the tinted windows fitted but I am going to stick with my original plan of a military tan. I have given up trying to find anything close to the shade I want but have managed to get two tins of tamiya aircraft paint which are more or less tan, I just hope the two tins will be enough.

I have also made some metal brackets so that I can mount the back end with the same 10mm lift that I have at the front. Hopefully the next time I post it will be with a picture of the body mounted and painted ready for detailing.

Still to do is the front skid plate, i have a template in card and bought a metal baking tray to cut this from but the wife has been using it to make cup cakes and they are pretty good so will have to find something else for this.

Duane
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:46 pm

hey duane. . .

you can get Krylon camouflage color paints at Ace hardware DFC. . . . they have 3 or 4 colors if i'm not mistaken. . . Olive Drab, Tan, brown and black. . . . all matte. . .

i even bought Tan color before to paint my BB gun. . . .
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi,
I know they have a large selection at ace but the few I have tried have been hopeless, if there is something hat works I will get some to try. I know it's krylon you are suggesting, but is there a particular type that works well on styrene ?

Thanks
Duane
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:31 pm

duane,

like richard says get the krlyon camoflauge range at ace, the stuff is brilliant, sticks to anything

i've used it on a fibre glass heli body and lots of different plastic bits and it works well, zero problemo! and its readily available at ace

Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Appreciate the picture, you guys have probably saved me from a regrettable paint job on a shell I have spent 10 or 20 hours preparing.

Will visit ace tomorrow, very happy that I updated this thread.

Thanks both.

Duane

Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:47 am

Hi,
I went to Ace today, I bought a can of the olive camo paint, but I noticed that the cans said they were based on 'Fusion Technology' and that there were a wider range of colours in the fusion range so I also picked up a sandy beige from the fusion range as well.

I have finished all the sanding and have put down a few base coats of the beige. As far as I can tell from the lights in the garden, the colour is exactly what I wanted. Will hopefully get some pics up in the next day or two.

Now does anyone have a really high turn crawler motor, the CC01 is way to fast with 1.9s and a silver can.

Duane.

Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:50 am

i've got me a small crawler mafia motor .... 55 turn handwound .... brand new

its used for the mini rock crawlers though .... not sure if it'll work with what you need
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Projects   

Back to top Go down

Your Projects
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EP General Forums :: EP Touring :: General Discussion-
Jump to: