DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Vote_lcapMini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Voting_barMini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Vote_lcapMini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Voting_barMini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly

Go down 
+11
jamea
paul
Bandit
sideslider
vineshvijayan
gerg
RECKRACING
Jay
.j0sh
Nitram
cathurga
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:19 am

Yeah, I am the one issuing names around here....lol

Your 'shark' has no teeth at the moment, be careful we dont start calling it GUMS :-)
Back to top Go down
vineshvijayan
Chase Driver
vineshvijayan

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:44 am

hhahahaha .... lol lol!
Back to top Go down
Nitram
Co-Driver
Nitram

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 3:16 am

Area 2 is good place for mini.. and for GT, andy is correct area 2 is too narrow..

Nice and well updates Mini Mayhem results. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
jamea
Mechanic
jamea

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 3:25 am

great report Andy,
I would love to come and have the Baby blue back in action soon, too bad I wont be making a trip to Dubai till the national holyday, I will keep checking here from time to time.
I am also working on a sedan to be set up for GT class, will bring it when onedayI
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 12:55 pm

@andy

we'll see about that..........when i bite into the back of your kit

on another note, your still looking for a TRF right> i wonder where u can find one, i think i know a guy, tall, smart and good looking, uses a red supra shell and one hell of a driver....ohh wait.......no plans to sell yet? aww too baaad

loool

see ya at area 2 with my fresh, newly overhauled mini!!
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Dunno any good looking guys on this site, apart from me of course....

With regards to mini racing, I hear a lot of talk.....but we need action here....

TB Evo 4 ordered.....after much deliberation, I decided to go with the shaft drive option. They are more difficult to set up, and the suspension setup has to be accurate or the motor torque can affect it....but I am not keen on going through belts beause of stones etc...after running the TB02 the other day, I noticed a LOT of debris being picked up. After a few laps, turn the car over an all the rubbish falls out....not good for belts. The Evo4 was less than AED1000, brand new, shipped from Tamiya USA. with all the option parts included...nice.

Jamea, it would be good to have you down at the track again chap. The more the merrier. As soon as we get to 15 drivers, we have 3 qualifiers, 3 heats and A & B finals....all times count as points to an overall championship.

From a GT perspective, we will get something going soon enough. The rules are simple at the moment, stock silvercan, rubber tires on std touring wheels. Easy and fun.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:29 pm

wow you finally decided getting the evo4 you were talking about.. a lot of evo guys comming in.. nice!!!

i was also planning to use my evo5 for the GTmayhem but until i get a new kit in replace for drifting i dont wanna remove my bl system on it. is there any chance i could just lower down the acceleration of my 5200kv slydr motor to match the silvercans like you do with your hoped-up mini? i think you just lower it down to 60% right? how do you get the computations in order for it to be fare for everyone?

been thinking of getting a belt drive kit either to be use for drifting or touring.. soon.
still saving for a powerful desktop here for online racing clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Andy

TB04 at that price is a seriously good find!

You should have ordered 2 and kept the second for the next raffle! hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:46 pm

i'll be bulling my BL out of the TRF and putting it into a new kit for drift, the TRF will go back to a tourer, cant wait for this
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 5:35 pm

hahahaha!!! name game huh!?! smile

@ ahmed... since your into dentistry...
how about clear white teeth? smile with red tartar? smile just kidding! smile

lets vote for a name smile weeeeee
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:39 pm

Braces? peace ahmed! hahahahaha! Blur! just wait for Mr. Andy for your name...hahahhaha can't wait to come back ang play with you guys! i need only BL on my TRF416. or just simply my Mabuchi... bounce
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Right people, its time to get some method into the mayhem....

This Saturday, the 12th, I would like to set up a racing order before coming down to the track, that way we can run some heats of different classes and then some mains....afterwards we will have some normal Mayhem...

For the organisation we need to have
a) Entrants - need to know who is coming down, and who is racing what...
b) Timing - What time are we getting down there to set up, and what time can we begin the program
c) Punctuality and preparedness - If you are gonna be there, try to be there on time, and have your car functional and ready!
d) Marshalling - If you are not racing, you need to attend to the track, you would want the same attention if it was YOUR car
e) Honour System! - Cutting corners and skipping parts of the track are going to be JUDGED in events, lets start implementing the Gentlemen's code...even if it is not a comp.

Ok, so those are a few things we need to be able to have an organised event. I am going to start programming the event into the scoring system, so please let me know as soon as possible. I am going to use the frequencies that are on the Frequency chart on the site, make sure they are up to date.

I would like to follow the following format: (FORMAT CHANGED)
Mini Mayhem - Round 1 Heat 1
Mini Mayhem - Round 1 Heat 2

GT Mayhem - Round 1 Heat 1
GT Mayhem - Round 1 Heat 2

Mini Mayhem - Round 2 Heat 1
Mini Mayhem - Round 2 Heat 2

GT Mayhem - Round 1 Heat 1
GT Mayhem - Round 1 Heat 2

GT Mayhem - A Main Final
Mini Mayhem - B Main Final
Mini Mayhem - A Main Final

The assumption I have made, IS WRONG, there are more than 5 GT racers, so
Mini Mayhem will have 5-10 racers, so two heats and two rounds, A & B Finals
GT Mayhem will have 5 -10 racers, so two heats and two rounds, A Final only

Class Rules are as follows:
Mini Mayhem - Silver Can ONLY, any ESC, Rubber tires, differential action, Lipo or Nimh - 7.4V limit, Lipo hardcase ONLY - Body set should represent FWD or RWD chassis (we might forego this rule for now, but in comps, it will be enforced). 1/10 2WD only
GT Mayahem - Silver Can ONLY, any ESC, rubber tires, Final Drive Ratio no less than 6, battery rules as above. any bodykit for now. 1/10 only

RIGHT!!! Now that I have scared you off......who is still in??

Mini Mayhem
1) Andy
2) Paul
3) Jay
4) Reck
5) Graham
6) Greg
7) Martin
8.)

GT Mayhem
1) Andy
2) Jon
3) Lance
4) Ian
5) Jay
6) Reck
7) Paul
8.) Martin

Last edited by cathurga on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:31 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:57 pm

count me in with GT bounce
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 4:02 pm

i'll try running my tourer as well..

but please be gentle on me.. ok?

@jon, start removing you speed passion BL system please.. hahaha!
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 4:09 pm

im using it but in 45% only to be competitive smile last saturday i cant catch up with reck in that % maybe i have to add more or make it 50% smile

@ Andy any advice? smile

BTW lance your SC 430 GT is ready to run now ? smile
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 4:21 pm

not yet.. but i have a practice shell.. well, sort of..

@andy, 'twas jon, not ryan..
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:02 pm

GT for me! smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:19 pm

my gt is my drifter so i cant change the existing motor to silver can.. too much hustle.
but you can count me in with the mini's andy.. thanks clown
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:23 pm

Jon,

We will need to make plan, try 50% and lets see what happens....I got a feeling that a little power extra is not going to help you with guys like Reck n Jay around....it's all about control..it's all in the fingertips....

If you prove to be to good with the additional power, we will add 3kg of weight to your car....right over the rear axle, you wont be going around any corners...Please make sure you are running and FDR no greater than 6, ok?

To all,

We can always make some compromises with regards to different motors, but for the sake of people wanting to take up the hobby, lets all stick with silvercans, right.
Back to top Go down
RECKRACING
Administrator
RECKRACING

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:39 pm

I'l be in the mini and GT.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Jay,

Feel free to enter, this is just a practise event, purpose being to try and get a grip on this software, so feel free to enter, we will take the EPA of your throttle down....so, GT for you too?

Damn, RECK n JAY in both events.....that means I am not assured of a podium finish...
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:54 pm

cathurga wrote:
Jon,

We will need to make plan, try 50% and lets see what happens....I got a feeling that a little power extra is not going to help you with guys like Reck n Jay around....it's all about control..it's all in the fingertips....

If you prove to be to good with the additional power, we will add 3kg of weight to your car....right over the rear axle, you wont be going around any corners...Please make sure you are running and FDR no greater than 6, ok?

To all,

We can always make some compromises with regards to different motors, but for the sake of people wanting to take up the hobby, lets all stick with silvercans, right.

Actually i adjust my FDR to 6.07 now & may 50% will do i notice under speed when me & reck run at the same time @ the strech the distance is increasing thats why sad but let see this saturday smile

BTW is there any turn for BL that legal for silver can or stock brushed motor class?
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:13 pm

On our small track, if you are reaching top speed before the end of the straight, you are good to go. I am not sure what impact this will have on the motor temps, but I would suggest you keep an eye on it. BL systems rev higher under normal circumstances so you normally need to gear them down (higher FDR) with a smaller pinion.
Your Hobbywing 13T is a 3000KV motor which is closer in spec to the Tamiya Sport Tuned, so by deduction a 15T or maybe 18T with 2000KV would be closer to stock silver can. I doubt you will find them commonly though....the whole idea is to go brushless is to get MORE revs and power.
It would be nice to have everyone go to a sport tuned as the stock class as a TEU-101BK will run a Sport Tuned Motor, but probably overheat it on a 6 FDR. You would need to gear it down a bit...

The sucky thing with bog-standard kits is that they mostly provide a 19T pinion, which is S-L-O-W anyway....to race everyone would need to get a bigger pinion....at least 24T to make it remotely quick...

Anyway, lets try to get an event to run smoothly. I am doing this in preparation for the Automodex thing in March. It would be GREAT to have a smooth event for this, so we can convince Majdi, to convince the sponsors to give over some PRIZES...if you get my drift...(pun intended)
If we can suggest a PROPERLY organised event, with Rounds, Heats and Mains fully populated....it would be a drawcard I am sure....and I need to know this software well enough to do so....
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:16 pm

Andy

Please put in for GT too, that is if you have managed to rustle up the new pinions and spurs...so we sort my gearing out!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:22 pm

I placed the order and paid them.....and then they tell me all the 20T pinions are on backorder....scumbags....anyway, I have a 25T hardsteel here you could use. It would mean you are quicker than me, but you would need to watch the temps....you got a heatsink?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly   Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mini-Mayhem Event Report - Updated weekly
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next