DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Paint For Hardbodies Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Paint For Hardbodies Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Paint For Hardbodies Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Paint For Hardbodies Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Paint For Hardbodies Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Paint For Hardbodies Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Paint For Hardbodies Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Paint For Hardbodies Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Paint For Hardbodies Vote_lcapPaint For Hardbodies Voting_barPaint For Hardbodies Vote_rcap 
Jay
Paint For Hardbodies Vote_lcapPaint For Hardbodies Voting_barPaint For Hardbodies Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Paint For Hardbodies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duane
Chase Driver

Paint For Hardbodies Empty
PostSubject: Paint For Hardbodies   Paint For Hardbodies EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi,
Two questions -

1) Has anyone found any spray can paint in the UAE that isn't complete rubbish ?

As the answer to 1) is NO! its all rubbish ...

2) Is anyone interested in ordering a couple of boxes ?

I recently stripped a Pajero shell because the best paint I could find in the UAE was still to horrible to look at. I now need to paint the Pajero and a Sand Scorcher.

In the UK I used to use ordinary car paint from shops similar to Yellow Hat or Ace, but out here the paint quality is terrible. So is anyone interested if we get together and order a couple of boxes, say 1 black, 1 white, 1 red, 1 metallic blue, 1 silver and whatever else would be popular ?

If there is enough interest, maybe one of our existing dub drift shops can manage the order but first off add a reply if you are interested.

Duane.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Paint For Hardbodies   Paint For Hardbodies EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:08 am

Before you go and do that, I would recommend getting yourself an airbrush and trying some of the acrylic paints.
You can get a better finish with them, and if mixed correctly they go on pretty easy. I did some experimenting and the Tamiya Acrylics, when mixed with the X20 acrylic thinner, give a pretty good finish.

If you are stuck on the idea of rattle cans, I have had some success with the Krylon paint cans. You can get them from Ace, but obviously their color range is limited.

You can get airbrushes for a reasonable price off the net, but I simply chose the Tamiya one because it comes with a mini-compressor......I got it from TnU a few years back, and it cost pretty much the same as if I had got it off the net...

I am pretty crap at painting, but when you start getting the mixes right, and used to the brush...it works pretty well
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Paint For Hardbodies   Paint For Hardbodies EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:32 pm

Hi,
Air brushes are way too much hassle, cleaning, maintainence, getting the paint mix right. I would much rather use a pick up and go spray can.

Anyone else want to join in an order for some hardbody paints ?

Duane.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Paint For Hardbodies   Paint For Hardbodies EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:35 am

Have you tried using the Tamiya TS rattle cans? I've seen some at Hobby Centre and Toys and Us. Those are designed to be used on hard bodies.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Paint For Hardbodies   Paint For Hardbodies EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:41 am

Hi Abdul,
I have used them and think they are brilliant, never seen them here though. I will have another look, I will be very happy if I find them.

Thanks
Duane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paint For Hardbodies   Paint For Hardbodies Empty

Back to top Go down

Paint For Hardbodies
Page 1 of 1