DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
mini setups for area 2 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
mini setups for area 2 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
mini setups for area 2 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
mini setups for area 2 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
mini setups for area 2 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
mini setups for area 2 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
mini setups for area 2 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
mini setups for area 2 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
mini setups for area 2 Vote_lcapmini setups for area 2 Voting_barmini setups for area 2 Vote_rcap 
Jay
mini setups for area 2 Vote_lcapmini setups for area 2 Voting_barmini setups for area 2 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

mini setups for area 2

Go down 
+3
Bandit
jebjeb
gerg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

mini setups for area 2 Empty
PostSubject: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Thought this might be useful for people. Not suggesting this will work for everyone but is working for me at the moment and I'm happy with how my car drives.

Chassis - M03L
Rear tire - Cross 36 (hard) with tamiya 53204 insert
Front tire - Ride 40 (hard) with supplied insert
Added weight - none
Shocks - 3racing with stock spring and some oil!
Diff - stock gear diff with extra washer to stiffen.

I've tried a few different tire combination (ride, cross and spice) and found this to work best. I've got a couple other tire combo to try sometime too, but next thing to try will probably be shorter wheel base chassis since I have got new body shell to paint and old one is well worn out. Will report back if I notice much difference.

Anyone else welcome to post their setup. I think everyone is running something different and a lot of people using the Ride 40's, but I can recommend a set of Cross on rear to try too, I notice this combo is also a fav of the guys a rc-mini but I only noticed it on there yesterday.
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:00 am

for my mini set up:

Tamiya TRF shocks hard springs front. Medium on the rear.

hpi x-pattern on the front with stock inserts and ride 40 on the rear with stock inserts as well.

Works fine for me. I tried using tamiya s-grip sometimes in the rear and works well too but not as good as the ride.

A little toe out angle on the front with zero camber set up. Zero camber and 1.5 deg. Toe in on the rear
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:48 am

ill share mine when i get there... very happy
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Here's mine..

- M-05 MWB
- TRF Dampers with #200 Damper Oil
- Springs - Medium front, Soft Rear
- Spice 36R Slick tires with 5.0mm Medium inserts all around
- M-05 Ball Differential

I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed that with an M-05, you can play around with the settings of the rear suspension arms and the body post mount. Atleast for a MWB. Like so:

mini setups for area 2 M-05_m12

Top left is a SWB, Top Right is a LWB.

Bottom right is a MWB. Bottom left is a combination of SWB Suspension mount position and LWB Suspension arms. The position for the upright is the same. I'm not sure whether it'll make your car better but it sure looks cleaner. thumbs_up

The same thing goes with the shock tower and the body post mount. In an SWB and the MWB, you need "D1" - the part where you put the body posts, and "D7" for an LWB. For a MWB, you can use D7 instead of D1. Just put it on the other side (towards the back) and you'll have the same location for the body posts as with the D1. Need some spacers (1mm) to make the dampers fit better instead of F13 which is actually thicker.

No point trying to make here really. Just sharing what I've found out.. very happy

It's like a mathematical equation.. (S+L)/2 = M laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:00 pm

LaNcE wrote:
Here's mine..

- M-05 MWB
- TRF Dampers with #200 Damper Oil
- Springs - Medium front, Soft Rear
- Spice 36R Slick tires with 5.0mm Medium inserts all around
- M-05 Ball Differential

I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed that with an M-05, you can play around with the settings of the rear suspension arms and the body post mount. Atleast for a MWB. Like so:

mini setups for area 2 M-05_m12

Top left is a SWB, Top Right is a LWB.

Bottom right is a MWB. Bottom left is a combination of SWB Suspension mount position and LWB Suspension arms. The position for the upright is the same. I'm not sure whether it'll make your car better but it sure looks cleaner. thumbs_up

The same thing goes with the shock tower and the body post mount. In an SWB and the MWB, you need "D1" - the part where you put the body posts, and "D7" for an LWB. For a MWB, you can use D7 instead of D1. Just put it on the other side (towards the back) and you'll have the same location for the body posts as with the D1. Need some spacers (1mm) to make the dampers fit better instead of F13 which is actually thicker.

No point trying to make here really. Just sharing what I've found out.. very happy

It's like a mathematical equation.. (S+L)/2 = M laughing

Lance = ADIK!!!!

very happy very happy very happy blum3 blum3 cheers cheers cheers

hehehehe

peace out!!!
Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
balancer
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:12 pm

Hey Lance,

I read with interest your rear end option for the M05 MWB, but I'd like to see a few pics of your car, as I don't know if I'm missing something, but I can't get it to work. The dampers foul.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:15 pm

hi there!

welcome to the forums.

I actually have tech racing rear suspension arms that make it easier to do this.
But for the stock arms, you'll need longer screws and some spacers as well.

I found out that it has been done elsewhere already before I "discovered" it.. very happy

It works with M-03S as well.

Last edited by LaNcE on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
balancer
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Thanks Lance,

Do you have any photos?
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 pm

How about this Lance?

mini setups for area 2 SPR015-M_m
Back to top Go down
balancer
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:47 am

If possible, I was hoping to get a picture of the whole setup (from above if possible), as per lance's illustration. Has someone run this configuration on an M05 MWB?
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:50 pm

@bandit, you know that you know better than me. blum3

Here's the link to the awesomest mini website's mod. Click HERE

Here it is installed in my M-05.. very happy

mini setups for area 2 M-05_m13

mini setups for area 2 Dsc06015

mini setups for area 2 Dsc06013

I have managed to reduce some more weight by not installing the part that holds the rear body post.
Instead I used the part for LWB. Like so..

mini setups for area 2 Dsc06016

mini setups for area 2 Dsc06017

Hope these help.. thumbs_up
Back to top Go down
balancer
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Aaaaah... that explains all, thanks Lance. It's all down to the rear lower arms. Not possible on the Tamiya ones, but fine for the Tech Racing ones. Nice.

But..... where did you get the chrome chassis from??????????????
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:13 pm

the chrome chassis came from Tamiya smile its limited stock
Back to top Go down
balancer
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Beautiful...
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:46 pm

Balancer

There are also red chrome and blue chrome plated chassis kits available, have a look at http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tamiya-plated-frame-p-32595.html

Lance

Your m05 is looking sweet! Is there anything stock left?

Where did you get the blue screw kit?
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks Paul! very happy

Balancer, it is possible with the stock suspension arms as well. Although as I've mentioned, you'll need some longer screws and some spacers to make your damper and suspension arms work together..

Photos from www.rc-mini.net

mini setups for area 2 SWBtoMWB08

mini setups for area 2 SWBtoMWB09

Anyway, this mod is more applicable to M-03s than M-05s as with the latter, you can change the car's wheelbase just by flipping some parts. But with M-03s, you'll need an actual spacer for it to be adjusted. This very simple mod just makes it easier to convert a SWB to a MWB. Just watch for the body posts' holes as well.. thumbs_up
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:36 am

paul wrote:
Balancer

There are also red chrome and blue chrome plated chassis kits available, have a look at http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tamiya-plated-frame-p-32595.html

Lance

Your m05 is looking sweet! Is there anything stock left?

Where did you get the blue screw kit?

@Paul yes there is still one thing stock...the Driver hahahaha!!!

@Lance Quick Release...hahahaha very cheap.. cheaper than the one installed in your kit...hahaha
Back to top Go down
balancer
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Thanks, I'd seen the blue and pink.... er red ones, but not the black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mini setups for area 2   mini setups for area 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

mini setups for area 2
Page 1 of 1