DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Vote_lcap2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Voting_bar2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Jay
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Vote_lcap2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Voting_bar2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 4 Empty
Post2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series

A

ITS ALL OVER!!! We have endured the summer heat, and the best team has prevailed!!

A BIG CHEER TO TEAM JJ DUBSHOP!!!!

I have put all the driver points and team points down for you to reflect on. Bear in mind that some of the non-regular points are a bit skewed, there were some stand-in drivers during the season.

Congratulations to the top three drivers
1st - Eathan
2nd - Ian
3rd - Andy

And a really good effort to everyone.

I will make a few personal commendations to Lance for most improved driver (even without his 'special' motor laughing ) and to Jon & Bong for consistancy throughout the event. Both managed to get in the points a few times, and were unlucky not to qualify for some of the finals but both of them contributed points that boosted their teams chances of competing. Unfortunatelyfor some teams, work intefered with participation, and Dan, Duane and most notably Jay were not able to attend, but when they were there, were in the running. Also, Eric would have been a thorn in our sides had he not been transferred to Thailand, but I am pretty sure he is getting his RC fix there....

Now what are we going to do each week????

WEEK 19 (4 Byes) - POINTS STANDING
ISAAC HUNT RACING - 230
Andy - 98
Graham - 88
Jamie - 44

TEAM JJ DUBSHOP -246
Jon - 34
Eathan - 108
Ian - 104

TEAM MAWA - 48
Bong - 34
Chris - 10
Lindsey - 4

TEAM DAG - 122
Dan - 20
Ahmed - 14
Greg - 88

TEAM UNKNOWN - 68
Jayson (keiichi) - 2
Lance - 60
Ryan (JRacing) - 6

TEAM JED-I - 90
Jay - 40
Paul - 36
Duane - 22

Last edited by cathurga on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 36 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series :: Comments

jebjeb
Re: 2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series
Post Mon May 03, 2010 12:06 am by jebjeb
sports tuned all the way! The demonized silver can that goes with my mini is with the president so i don't have a sup up silvercan...
Abdul Basit
Post Mon May 03, 2010 12:44 am by Abdul Basit
Let's stick to silver can please... The speed is perfectly fine with it in my opinion.

@ Andy, you mind if I make up my own team members? If so, then this is my team..

1) Abdul
2) Chuck Norris
3) Andy Moore

We're still coming up with a name, Andy Moore thinks that "Team Roundhouse" sounds stupid.......
cathurga
Post Mon May 03, 2010 1:22 am by cathurga
Gotta Be in a team to compete......and no imaginary friends are not allowed....

There are a few people who have not been teamed up, so get on it...
Abdul Basit
Post Mon May 03, 2010 1:30 am by Abdul Basit
Nope, everyones got a team. Those who haven't, no longer have the time to attend area 2. =/
Post Mon May 03, 2010 1:44 am by Bandit
wait for Strawb to come...he doesn't have a team yet...
biker_jet
Post Mon May 03, 2010 4:51 am by biker_jet
I should have a team by next saturday.. I hope their kit should arrive on time.. I'll be running on a silvercan with a little bit of a punch.. just like lance, I have soldered the leads already so its gonna be difficult to install the mabuchi again.
cathurga
Post Mon May 03, 2010 11:47 am by cathurga
Adbul, the list of names above are people without teams, get together with some of them and place a team...
Biker, it need to be a silvercan, Mabuchi or Johnson 540. The only punch I know of is the water dipping method.....

I too have soldered directly to the motor, and I think if it took me 3 minutes to resolder, it was a LOT.
jebjeb
Post Mon May 03, 2010 12:03 pm by jebjeb
@abdul... there are three more guys who ordered minis from JJ... ask them if they want to be with your team.
biker_jet
Post Mon May 03, 2010 1:03 pm by biker_jet
Andy, that's right.. It was water dipped.. I'll install the Mabuchi before this weekend just to be fair.. I just need to get a 35w solder since my old one is overheating the leads..
cathurga
Post Mon May 03, 2010 2:45 pm by cathurga
Biker, get the highest powered soldering iron you can, anything over 40W is preferable, it takes a lot of pain out of the soldering process.
LaNcE
Post Mon May 03, 2010 2:49 pm by LaNcE
yeah.. i used to have a 40W soldering iron but it was not enough so i took a 60W and it was a breeze.. thumbs_up

but still, i'm lazy.. sleep
biker_jet
Post Mon May 03, 2010 3:21 pm by biker_jet
I'll get one of those..
Jay
Post Mon May 03, 2010 4:49 pm by Jay
I never water dipped my silvercan and it seems to run equally with everyone else.. well except for sport tuned minis.

I prefer silvercan for the mini series and enduros..
then sportuned for air stunts and destruction derby very happy
Post Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm by Duane
Hi,
I vote for silvercan, although I don't mind if others are running Sport Tuned, so cut a long story short I am happy with SC or mixed - so that is a vote for SC if there is no mixed option.

Duane.
jebjeb
Post Mon May 03, 2010 6:03 pm by jebjeb
sports tuned for me all the way! smile
cathurga
Post Mon May 03, 2010 6:51 pm by cathurga
Right, time for a poll. If you are not entering the SSS, please DON'T VOTE

I am not going to vote for them, but Jamie and Graham dont visit this site, but I have asked them and they would prefer to keep it silvercan. If it comes down to it, then I will count their votes...
cathurga
Post Tue May 04, 2010 12:52 am by cathurga
Ok, I think all the voting is clear.....if I add all the newbies and potential mini drivers, we will keep it at silvercan.....get your water dipping done, and your soldering irons out... smile
jebjeb
Post Tue May 04, 2010 2:17 am by jebjeb
this silver can only applicable in area2?

What happen to the sports tuned guys??? sad

Guess i'll be out of the race until i get some special connectors for a silvercan... Paging bandit!
Post Tue May 04, 2010 2:50 am by Bandit
Bandit to the Rescue! ill try... toetap5 you need only female banana plug thats it...
cathurga
Post Tue May 04, 2010 3:55 am by cathurga
Sport Tuned guys are all here, but it seems the consensus is on Silvercan. I suppose that if we had a nice big area to race that would be different....the ST only gets going near the end of the straight...so a little pointless really..

Special connector?! They are std bullet connectors, even ACE will have them...
LaNcE
Post Tue May 04, 2010 4:08 am by LaNcE
what happened to the ST peeps?!

well then, I think i have to put more effort on doing some soldering.. neutral
jebjeb
Post Tue May 04, 2010 5:56 pm by jebjeb
solder solder solder... something i dont have sad
cathurga
Post Tue May 04, 2010 6:25 pm by cathurga
LOL, you guys need to get a soldering iron....asap, they are cheap at Ace Hardware.....and learn the skills, they are invaluable to this hobby. How on earth do you guys attach deans plugs? i HATE deans plugs, for two reasons, they are difficult to pull apart and a NIGHTMARE to solder..

You want me to do it for you? Just bring it to my house and I will perform the surgery.

(or get some crimp connectors)
Abdul Basit
Post Tue May 04, 2010 6:53 pm by Abdul Basit
It's actually really easy to make your own soldering iron... I do it sometimes myself, just break open a battery, take out the carbon rod inside, then use the lead from a mechanical pencil, use crocodile connectors and hook it up to a car battery...

Woalah, you've got your own soldering iron... Does anyone want a more detailed tutorial?

@ Andy, aren't deans plugs supposed to better? I've heard the provide less resistance. I've got a pack full of them, but I never used them myself because of the reasons you stated...
chardiboi
Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:07 pm by chardiboi
Abdul Basit wrote:
It's actually really easy to make your own soldering iron... I do it sometimes myself, just break open a battery, take out the carbon rod inside, then use the lead from a mechanical pencil, use crocodile connectors and hook it up to a car battery...

Woalah, you've got your own soldering iron... Does anyone want a more detailed tutorial?

i'd rather buy one. . . . i'm not mcgyver very happy

Abdul Basit wrote:
@ Andy, aren't deans plugs supposed to better? I've heard the provide less resistance. I've got a pack full of them, but I never used them myself because of the reasons you stated...

so you got a pack full of them, and you've never used it, coz you just knew NOW of Andy's reason not to use them. . . . surprised

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series

Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next