DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Vote_lcapF1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Voting_barF1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jay
F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Vote_lcapF1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Voting_barF1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

F1 Build Updates?

Go down 
+11
Duane
gerg
tractorboy
Jay
J.Drift
aaryan
Samaj
LaNcE
jebjeb
Abdul Basit
strawb
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:32 am

t&u are hitec stockists, but I am not sure if they have a saver that would fit. you could try and get a tamiya servo saver set, they have many different options in the kit, alternatively get a futaba servo temporarily, i think I have a few I could offer on loan. . .
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:42 pm

just an update ..... for the F1-09 differentials to work properly ... you have to reduce the black plastic spacers (the one which goes inside the spur gear) width around 1 to 1.5mm for the ball bearings of the differential to touch the differential plates ..... i used sand paper to even out the surface ....

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:10 pm

Does anyone have a spare 64p pinion i can use for this weekend? Or does anyone know if any of the LHS stock them? Will check toys & Us later if i get a chance
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:14 pm

I was looking for 64p few month ago and could not find any.
You'd be better to replace the spur with whatever pitch you are using now. I think almost all standard spur will fit.

@Strawb - I built my diff and it seems to work OK, are you sure we need to do this?
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:39 pm

TB, you will have a tough time finding any pinions n this town, the last I saw such an animal on local shelves was at Hobbies Zone (you know, the one Vinesh has shares in smile )
Unfortunately they only have the Tamiya soft-as-butter-alloy-cr@p, but better than nothing eh?

I am furiously trying to tge the F109 finsihed, a ST transplant into my mini and get the TB-03 on her feet after the automodex track ripped off the front wheel!! I am out for dinner tomorrow noght, and a birthday on Thurs.....gonna be a LOOOONG night...
Back to top Go down
vineshvijayan
Chase Driver
vineshvijayan

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Oh cumon guys i'm juz trying to help the shop out since hes a good friend and hes new. hurray
Back to top Go down
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Greg i doubt im going to be able to pick up a spur from a LHS and the spare i have from my Yokomo wont fit!

Vinesh are you helping Hobbies Zone by selling NIB Yeah Racing Lipos on here? Noticed they have a few at the moment! Need to check to see if they still have that EVO too
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:47 pm

OK, thought you might have a spare that fit.

I've ordered one 32t 64p pinion to use with my 109, but I do have some spare 48p spur. I'm pretty sure it will fit, it is physically about the same dia. What pitch are you using on the Yok? After the last big effort to sort out the tourer with spur and pinion I stocked up.
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Hang on I've stuffed up......
I ordered 32t instead of 23t. The manual suggests 98/23 ratio. What a wally sui

So, I'm going to have to use one of those spare 48p myself. I have a 75t (in the serpent), 73t, 71t that look like they should fit. To keep the same approx ratio as the manual stated 98/23 we would need to use 73/17 or 71/16 or there abouts.

You are welcome to the 71t, it is too small for my tourer anyway. It is new and you can take it for a replacement from RC Mart later (different teeth count though). The 73t also if you prefer.

I'll try installing one tonight and make sure they fit.

Any of that make sense............ wacko
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Gerg.....no, none if it.....except the teeth thing, I know what they are... laughing ...and 32T on an F1.....man that would be quick....

Vinesh.....dont worry, I am merely extracting urine ... laughing
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:48 pm

Anyone actually fitted their body yet.

I've cut mine out since I wanted to see how it fitted before I painted, but not sure how it fits!
Even the picture in the manual seems to have the steering tie rod and top wishbone magically exiting through the side of the body? ref bottom p21! forum rules
Back to top Go down
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:59 am

Greg take a look at the pic on the first page of this thread, ive done a similar thing. Did begin to cut individual slots for the steering and wish bones, but that became too painstaking.

Im going to try Hobbies Zones on Thursday or tomorrow night, if they dont have the correct pinion then ill take the spur off you.

Need to sort my diff out too, feels far too loose
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 2:21 am

me, in my haste I screwed up the paintwork on mine.......it is a bit if a nightmare masking these things off...and to boot, my masking tape is old and not really sticking properly...bleeding like a stuck pig....

..good thing I bought the F60 body shell as a reserve....simple, Ferrari red,,,done!

I also got some Tamiya Rubber tires for it, and they are not moulded very well, even when sitting perfiectly on the rims, they are out of shape.....not good..

Now testing radio gear.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 2:31 am

Managed to fluff my paint as well. Luminous green backed with white, the spray just doesnt want to get into the detail areas. Result is dark green in places, light green in others and some parts are practically clear.

Really made a balls up of the nose too, couldnt get the spray to go into the nose at all until I overdid it and then the paint fisheyed all over the nose.

Will fix it up somehow.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 2:35 am

Your fixing utilises a dremel, mine involves mouse-clicks laughing
Back to top Go down
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 2:43 am

Ill be going for the 'billy basic' white paint job no doubt. Wont have enough time to do anything fancy
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:22 am

Thats ghey....

Besides, I am running MAINLY white.....but you shouldn't get confused....mine will be the one out front.... smoke
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:11 pm

looks like everyones busy with there F1's thankyou

so far i have 3 orders pending for the next batch of F1 and will be opening a thread after the Al Ain visit.

now its getting exciting! driving friends
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:58 pm

Ok, apart from the shoddy paint-job, driiver body not painted, some badly warped wheels...she's ready to go....

F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 07042013

F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 07042014

F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 07042015
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:02 pm

weee! oh so nice F1 you got their andy! smile looks like its been driven... so, how was it? ST or SC?
Back to top Go down
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Andy that looks sweet, you will be able to tell ours apart easily. Especially now as a nice guy in Sharjah decided to reverse over my new but old golf. Was my first trip out in it too. Will be spending more time sorting out insurance so less time to spray the body. Still need to sort out the diff.

At this rate i will be running a clear body!
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Jeb, silvercan all the way...! I am not even good enough to pilot one with a silvercan, let alone a Sport Tuned.

I only drove it around the apartment and the corridor which is all tiled, so definately NO grip.....I have been running slow speed braking tests, trying to get it to the point where I can jam on the brakes without the back coming around. Adjustment usng the EXPO on the braking/reverse part of the Tx....I think I have it set now that with a grippy surface, it might come to a stop in a straight line.
My next trick is to be able to go around corners without spinning.....VERY VERY tough cars to drive, but you learn great throttle skills with these cars...

TB, that sux, you just got a new car, and some guy did the courtesy of smacking into it??
Back to top Go down
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Yep had the car for less than 48 hours, just my luck!
Back to top Go down
bong
Chase Driver
bong

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 am

my F1 is all finished, driven and ready for friday. the build was fun though there was no guide on the body on where to cut for the front suspension and the guide for the holes are not accurate.

here are some pics... enjoy!

F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Dsc03218d

F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Dsc03229j

F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Dsc03236p

F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Dsc03237m

F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Dsc03238n

F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Dsc03239b
Back to top Go down
http://www.kodakcinelabs.ae
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:10 am

What do you have a photo studio at home or something.........

Nice job, clapping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F1 Build Updates?   F1 Build Updates? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

F1 Build Updates?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next